“Clean, quiet, and a bargain !”

Kennebunk Gallery Motel and Cottages
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Kennebunk
Reviewed July 1, 2014

We had stayed there a week in june in cottage 11. My brother and his wife had cottage 12, and my mother had cottage 14. Our cottage was smaller than the rest, but was fine since it was only two of us. My husband has limited mobility and uses a wheelchair , but was able to get into and around the cottage with his walker. The other cottage had steps, which made things a little difficult for him to get into. So im glad we got the cottage we did, which also had the shortest distance to the pool, which was very convenient. Our cottage only had a mini fridge, so we kept most of our food in my moms full sized fridge. We ate out a lot, so we only kept a few things on hand , so the fridge was not a big deal.
I am 7 1/2 months pregnant , and everything is uncomfortable to me, but the bed hear was super comfy. A little smaller than the king sized bed i am used to at home, but we had no problems with sleeping. this surprised me because most hotel beds are harder than a rock and i always wake up with back and neck pain, even when im not pregnant! So kudos for having a comfy bed :)
The only small complaints i have were that the shower was very small, and had a lot of rust around the drain. Since my husband cant use a shower without a shower chair , we ended up using my moms tub, which was very nice, and clean! Also there was a bright lantern at the end of our driveway, which made our whole room light up at night. We had to put our beach towels to block the light, which only helped a little bit. i would suggest they put up curtains for those that like the dark.
We had met the owner, Dave, who came around once in a while to say hello. He was very friendly and answered any questions we had about the area.
They had a maid service, which was making the bed, and giving you fresh towels everyday, which was perfect becauseI hate being locked out of my space for cleaning everyday, which didnt happen here.
They pool area was much bigger than i expected, and very nice, we went swimming a lot and since there are only so many rooms, it was never crowded our loud.
They also had a net for badminton, and basketball hoop, volley balls, a swing set and lots of little cars and toys for children, no my niece and nephew were always occupied.
I would stay here again, and for the price you cant beat it. its not ritzy, or fancy, so the people that have given this place a bad review must be very privileged. Its dated, but you can tell they are working on it, and it was perfect for our family:)

Room Tip: Cottage 14 was the nicest , most up to date one we saw. A living room with a pull out, a nice air co...
  • Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Stephy S
There are newer reviews for Kennebunk Gallery Motel and Cottages

Reviewed June 30, 2014

This rates right up there as one of the best in the area. We did not know much about the area as this is our first time. We did get a cabin as advertised. Unlike the Shorelands on Western Ave. The Gallery has all you need. If you stay ask for cabins that have a rear sliding door facing the wonderful, in the sun pool. If they are taken, all the cabins are nice. We had number 6. These cabins are super clean. The owners are great. I have no idea what could have been done better. If we come back to this area its going to be a toss up between this one and another in Kennebunkport. This one has a strong edge because of the full, well supplied kitchen. HAVE NO FEAR, STAY HERE.

Room Tip: if you are going to stay more than one night anywhere, go to HOTELCOUPON.COM. Check for coupons as...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2014

My family had a nearly free stay at a posh resort in Wells Beach fall through at the last minute(literally the day before we were traveling), so I quickly looked for a cheap hotel. Most were pretty scary to look at the reviews( a turd in the toilet upon arrival, bedbugs...), so I was concerned what this would be like at $58 per night. We arrived and the appearance of the outside was nice enough and when we entered our room, it was dated, but clean and quite comfortable. I would say the room is average to slightly under for overall size, with a smaller than usual but adequate bathroom. A word of caution on the bathrooms the water comes out scalding hot. It is easily adjusted to perfect temperature, but if you travel and are used to lukewarm hotel water be prepared and stay outside until you adjust it to your liking. The TV was small and old and not a flat screen, but it works fine and we weren't there to watch TV except just before bed. There is a hump in the floor where it has settled, but it did not bother us at all. The beds and pillows are nice and comfortable. Outside there is a wooden swing set with a slide, two swings, and a pair of rings. My almost 3 year old son loved to slide down the slide which was fast and he would land on his feet and pitch forward so I squatted there and caught him after each slide which made him laugh. There is also a pool, however, it is not heated and the days we were there it was not warm enough for us to go in further than knee deep. It was a much nicer pool and pool area than I expected. The hotel also has free Wifi. They ask you upfront how many computers you have because each device needs a separate access code. I should have gotten a second one for my laptop, but I thought I could use my iphone and laptop on the same code. Not a big deal in my book. Oh, and there is a fridge in the room, and grills and picnic tables out back of each of the cabins, although we did not use either. A great value and a great clean safe hotel for families.

Pros: Price, Pool, Comfort, Atmosphere
Cons: Dated TV, Bump in the floor

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2014

We stayed here at the end of the season which was very nice. The cottages are small and the shower smaller, but for a couple on a little getaway this can't be beat! Very nice grounds with a grill to BBQ and a pool for swimming. For the price it is one of the nicest places in the area, and with a cottage there are no noisy neighbors.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

My husband and I stayed there 2 nights. We wanted to be near Kennebunk. This was a perfect location – near restaurants, shops and highways. We initially had a small problem with the cottage, however, it was rectified immediately. Cottage was very nice – 2 bedrooms, kitchen and small livingroom area with a parking spot right outside our deck door. We ate at Maine Diner down the road - scrumptious crabcakes and pumpkin cake.

1  Thank Queen56
Reviewed September 19, 2013

We were on our way to Portland and decided to stay in the cottages for a few days. We were given a 2 bed room cottage that had a kitchen with a sink, stove, fridge and microwave. There was also a closed in veranda and bbq that we can use. Overall the place was clean and comfortable. The price was great at $58 a night . It is in a convenient location only 1/2 hour for portland or 1 1/2 from Boston. Perfect for a couple with kids as the one room has a queen bed and the other has 2 double beds for the kids. There is a pool that you can use but we did not go in so.

3  Thank jstewart18
Reviewed September 11, 2013

It is our 10th year staying at kennebunk cottages and as always we had a wonderful stay. The property is well kept and it is nice to have the pool and a BBQ . Kathy and John are always warm and welcoming the house suits our big group and it is like coming home.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
Franciscan Guest House
#5 of 6 in Kennebunkport
The Grand Hotel
The Grand Hotel
#2 of 8 in Kennebunk

Been to Kennebunk Gallery Motel and Cottages? Share your experiences!