“Close to everything, worthy of a destination by itself”
Review of Pedro's

Pedro's
Ranked #12 of 68 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed August 1, 2012

Just a block off Dock Square in Kennebunk, try Pedro's for lunch or dinner. I'm not a Mexican food fan, but husband is, and I was feeling gracious. Glad I was. Most people sat on the deck outside. I like inside, and there was lots of fun things to look at. Just a mid-week lunch on a great beach day in Maine.

I had fish tacos, which were quite good. Would have liked a bit more fish, but had plenty to eat w/o ordering the rice and beans as offered. Husband had pescado y fritas. If we go back, I'll get that. really fresh fish, done well, hearty veggie slaw, and the best sweet potato fries I've ever had. Ever.

Reviewed July 30, 2012

fun little mexican place. Margs were very good, guac was just ok. get the carnitas tacos or the gringo tacos-out of this world good! very cheap!

Reviewed July 30, 2012

Great little place in Kennebunkport if you are looking for something other then lobster. We went with our 2 children and sat outside on the patio for lunch. We had the queso fundido. It was quite good. Good size, had a little bit of a bite and really cheesey. I had the gringo tacos. They also had a little bit of a kick and were very fresh and tastey. My husband had the chicken tinga burrito. It was grilled and very large. We enjoyed the meal and it was very reasonable. The service was a little slow. The waitress was very pleasant but seemed a little scattered. Not sure if our service was a little slower because we weren't ready to order when we sat down. We ahd to get our kids settled in first. Overall I would recommend this place. We had a nice meal and fun out on the patio

Reviewed July 25, 2012

Went there for dinner on a Tuesday night for dinner. Kind of full so sat in the bar. The service was borderline polite. We started with the chips and salsa and guacamole. Found both the salsa and guacamole to be quite bland but thought that maybe it was because of the salted chips. We ordered the chicken enchiladas and the chimichanga. My husband said the chimichanga was fair. I thought the enchiladas were also mediocre, as there was very little chicken compared to the amount of sauce and cheese smothering it, (yes I can't believe I'm saying it but too much cheese!) the worst part of the meal however, was the beans and rice. I typically am not a fan of salty foods and rarely add it to anything so when I say bland, I mean really bland. It was worse for my husband who adds salt to everything. Wouldn't go back. My own fault for going Mexican in a seaside town!

1  Thank di72
Reviewed July 24, 2012

We decided to get away from the typical Maine seafood scene for lunch an instantly wished we hadn't. We actually wished that we would have tried anything else! We are big Mexican food fans and also "in the biz", so we like to think that we usually are very understanding and forgiving.
The spicy margarita and the Painkiller were great but the food was far from. The salsa was completely devoid of flavor, that salsa fresca was only slightly better. The burrito had a touch of corn and black bean flavor but all of the ingredients were mushy and provided a strange texture. The "jalapeño" slices that garnished the dish literally tasted as if they had been soaking in water for weeks!
All in all, we would say to fight the craving for Mexican food because you won't have it satisfied here.

1  Thank AlexVT802