“Disappointed with Dessert”

Cuisines: Irish
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed June 26, 2011

My husband and I had been wanting to try Ryan's since they opened and finally had the chance. Our waitress was very nice, food was very good, I had the club sandwich and my husband had the fish and chips. The amount of food was great , so much so that we decided to take some dessert home. We ordered ( there are no dessert menus, just listed off by our waitress) a piece of the Bailey's cheesecake and were stunned that the charge for a very modest SLICE of cheesecake was 16.95!! I love dessert but in my opinion there is not a slice of cheesecake anywhere that is worth that. A definite downer to a otherwise nice experience.

tjkryan47, Owner at Ryan's Corner House, responded to this reviewResponded September 1, 2011

Our desserts in Ryans Corner House are $6.95, this customer read her receipt wrong, and now realizes that she DID NOT pay $16.95 for a slice of dessert!!! Please dont hesitate to review your receipt before you leave the premises any questions you may have we are always on hand to answer them and make your experince at Ryan's Corner House a unique one.

Reviewed June 18, 2011

I wanted to try something different and Ryan's caught my eye as I drove through the village. As soon as I passed the threshold, the owner greeted me and ushered me to a spot at the bar, still warm from the last resident. I found the entire staff very friendly, including waitstaff who were not mine. The atmosphere was so genuine I was surprised to learn it is a fairly new restaurant. (I really hate decor that tries to be something it is not; Ryan's IS what it tries to be.) The food was delicious, well presented and I thought well-priced. The music was great: no stage, simply a group of musicians sitting at one of the tables and making it up as they went along. I will be back... a lot.

1  Thank Eric B
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Nice place, good food, great atmosphere - I love pubs and I love quaint, so this fits perfectly into my list of good haunts in the area! Ryan's has a real pub-like feel without an over-stated, micro-brew establishment atmosphere! Great place for comfort foods and a pint!

More of a gathering place than a tourist destination - Ryan's has a great appeal to the local who needs a little time away ....if they got some fish and chips and import British ales, that'd make it all perfect!

Reviewed June 12, 2011

Food was OK for a quick lunch. Had good kids menu. Watch out for refill charges on sodas! They didn't warn us and we got stung by ridiculous additional cost for a soda.

Reviewed June 9, 2011

We enjoyed the food at Ryan’s Corner House very much but we’re put off by the extra $2.50 charged for changing from fries to mashed potatoes with the steak. Although the potatoes were good they were not worth an additional charge to be scooped onto a plate. It was a surprise to see this on the bill as we had not been advised by the waiter of a substitution fee; given the prices, I don’t think they should charge to this extra fee.