“The food I get has always been good.”
Review of Mei Le Wah - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mei Le Wah
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Chinese Restaurant open since 1980 . Take out or Dine In , Open 6 days a week , Tue - Sun . New ownership since 2014 , everyone works at the restaurant will try their best to serve the best Chinese in Kennebunk city.
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

I went here this past Saturday and got beef teriyaki, very good. Then I got my main dish and it was excellent. I have been here a few times this year, all my visits have been good.

Reviewed August 15, 2013

The food is OK for an asian restaurant. They doo a bigger bar business. There isn't much of a selection for asian food in this area.

Reviewed August 12, 2013

Having a Chinese attack and desiring a break form seafoood, my family decided on this restaurant. I can unequivocally say that this was not only THE very worst Chinese restaurant I have ever eaten at but one of the worst restaurants ever.
Fried pork dumplings were extra 'squishy", sesame chicken was hard and sauce was like colored water. House fried rice was just plain tasteless. I'll never go back.

Reviewed May 12, 2013

This is one of my son's favorite Chinese restaurants but it was my first visit there.
We were quite hungry so we ordered from the dinner menu. My wife and another of my sons were unable to finish their meals. I however, being a member of the clean plate society, pushed on until I finished. Everything was prepared deliciously.

Reviewed November 8, 2012 via mobile

We will never eat here again. I am rather tolerant of restaurants that are subpar. The food was the worst Chinese food I have ever eaten. Dumplings tasted like undercooked dough. My Hunan Shrimp was drowning in sweet and sour sauce; (I've never seen anything like it...it was like sweet and sour soup, with a little bit of shrimp and veggies.) My girlfriend's Chicken and Vegetables tasted like MSG, and her veggies weren't even close to being cooked. Oh, and if you like white rice with your entrée? None of their meals come with it. You have to order it separately, and pay extra for that. Weird.

vnguyen023, Owner at Mei Le Wah, responded to this reviewResponded November 11, 2012

I'm sorry you were displeased with your experience. However, to shed some light on our food:

Hunan Shrimp is a long time traditional dish, our recipe is our own, but for reference:

The chicken and vegetables - Our vegetables may be on the crisper side because we use fresh vegetables per order, rather than soggy and mushy. Our garlic ginger chicken stock sauce only may contain a teaspoon of MSG per batch of sauce base for 20 dishes. Where other restaurants are known to use a heaping teaspoon per dish, as a result people that are MSG sensitive often get migraines or headaches after eating certain Chinese foods.

We offer combination plates that are served with rice. Our family style entrees are served a la cart. We find that not everyone wants rice with their meal, so a lot of rice goes to waste if automatically served with each entree. Also in these days of economy with wasting less we are able to offer more competitive prices for our menu.