“Cant wait to go back...”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunk
Elizabeth Rose House
Ranked #3 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Athol, Massachusetts
“Cant wait to go back...”
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I stayed at the Elizabeth Rose House on June 8 for a one night stay. I had known Betsy and Paul in the late 1970s when they had property on the Cape. They did a wonderful job then keeping up their accomodations and so I knew it would be a great place to stay. In all aspects, it exceeded my expectations. Betsy and Paul are down to earth and easy to talk with. They are not only great people, but they keep a comfortable, impeccably clean B&B. There are no cut corners here. The bed was extremely comfortable and the rooms were very welcoming. I want to go back so I can stay in ALL the rooms. Betsy is a great baker and upon our arrival served us warm oatmeal cranraisins cookies out on the screened in porch. In the morning, we ate breakfast there as well as she served us warm homemade apricot scones served with strawberry rhubarb jam...along with the coffee from fresh ground beans, juice, yogurt and fresh fruit. And I must say they have the most adorable Yorkie named Chloe who stole our hearts. Like I said, I can't wait to return in the near future and my long range goal is to sleep in each of their rooms which each have their own character...and all different. Kudos to Betsy and Paul!! See you in the near future.

Room Tip: We stayed in the Boon Island Lighthouse as I found the colors on the website very warm and welcoming...
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Kathy K

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Reading, PA
Reviewed May 29, 2012

I came to Kennebunk in May for business and my client recommended I stay at the Elizabeth Rose House. They could not have suggested a better place to stay.

First, Betsy and Paul welcome you into their home sharing stories and time in their wonderful kitchen. We sat and shared a great bottle of wine talking about the area, their life experiences, and the world in general. Never overbearing; their conversation was a nice respite from typical business travel.

Their b&b is not only homey; but it has a typical Maine feel to it. Even the bed was comfortable and afforded a great night's sleep. Their recommendations for restaurants at lunch and at night were right on the mark.

I highly recommend staying with them. You will not be disappointed and will eagerly look forward to returning.

• Stayed May 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank RCBPA
Lake George
Reviewed April 29, 2012

I've stayed in many B&Bs in the Kennebunk area while visiting family and without a doubt the Elizabeth Rose House is my favorite! The warm welcome from Betsy and Paul, the cozy feel of the entire house and homemade treats for breakfast or snacking make for a wonderful home away from home. The inn is near the center of Kennebunk with easy access to town or the highway (only 40 minutes to Freeport and the LL Bean flagship store) or a short drive to the ocean. A wonderful place to stay!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Liz S
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 20, 2011

We stayed at the Elizabeth Rose b&b at the end of September (30th), for one night only, but we wished we'd had longer. Betsy and Paul made us feel SO very welcome. We really did feel like this was home away from home. All the lovely, little things just made our stay so wonderful. We arrived, mid afternoon, with only the rest of that day to look around the local area! Betsy gave us a great local map, and showed us where to go, and booked a very nice restaurant for our evening meal that night! As we left the house to go on our little adventure, Betsy sent us packing with a baggy of homemade cookies....yum!
On our return that evening, we chatted with Betsy and Paul, before heading up to our very cosy and comfortable bedroom. Sleep in that bed was bliss!
Breakfast the following morning was cereal, juice, pumpkin bread, fruit, cakes and coffee...great to fill up before our journey west. Much more chat and laughter as we had breakfast....was a struggle to leave, as we could have chatted all day!!! As we left, Betsy and Paul sent us on our way with pumpkin bread parcels, and lovely homemade shell gifts.So sweet.
It really is such a lovely place to be, and we would highly recommend it to anyone going to the Kennebunk area. We will definitely be staying there, the next time we visit the area. They really are the best innkeepers!!
We have gained two new friends across the water!!! Thank you Betsy and Paul!

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely, spacious and homely! Not a bad one among them!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank louanddan95
Southbury, Connecticut
Reviewed October 17, 2011

My husband planned a trip for us to go to Keenbunk for the weekend of my birthday. What I didn't know was that friends of ours were coming as well to surprise me. We all had a wonderful time and felt at home in the clean, comfortable surroundings. Betsy even made me a birthday cake! Paul and Betsy make sure every detail of your stay is perfect. We would highly recommend the B&B and we will definitely return again.

2 Thank Michelle F
Illinois
Reviewed October 16, 2011

My husband and I stayed at this B&B for two nights and wished we had stayed longer. We had a long drive and finally arrived at 10 p.m. Paul greeted us and showed us to our very nice room with a comfortable bed which we really needed. The next morning we had breakfast and great conversation with Paul and Betsy, the innkeepers. There were homemade warm muffins, scones, sweet breads and cookies available to us along with cereal, fresh fruit, juice, coffee, and tea. We spent a couple of hours talking with them before we headed into Kennebunkport for the day. They suggested several very good places for lunch and dinner along with a scenic route to take to our next day's destination. We enjoyed our stay here and when we left we felt we had made two new friends.

1 Thank IllinoisDogwood
New York City, New York
Reviewed October 9, 2011

Our first time in Maine and Betsy and Paul made us feel right at home. We stayed in the Portland Head Lighthouse room which was adorable, spacious, and impeccably clean. Betsy helped point us in the right direction around town and gave us milk and delicious freshly baked cookies in the afternoon. The whole house is beautifully decorated and they provide a guest refrigerator for drinks. We especially liked sitting on the covered porch which has plenty of comfortable seats. Great variety of breakfast items- homemade lemon/poppy seed bread, pumpkin bread, scones, and bagels, cereal, yogurt were a great start to the day.

Thanks again for a great trip Betsy and Paul!
Ben and Alyssa

1 Thank Ben S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
The Grand Hotel
#4 of 14 in Kennebunk
Nonantum Resort
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 5 in Kennebunkport

Been to Elizabeth Rose House? Share your experiences!