“It was simply a pleasure to stay at the Elizabeth Rose House!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunk
Elizabeth Rose House
Ranked #3 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
Reviewed April 3, 2011

My husband was running a race on Sunday in Kennebunkport. We chose the Elizabeth Rose House to say in on Saturday night. What a great choice! Beautiful home wonderfully decorated rooms, excellent hospitality! It was such a pleasure to be there! Great conversation, excellent information about the area. I just can't say enough good things about this great find. We look forward to going back. We've been going to Kennebunkport for years but never realized the many things it has to offer. Thank you for all the great tips! You were truly a wealth of information and turned a simple road race in to a fun weekend-again thank you!

• Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank mcomeau

Reviewed March 7, 2011

This B&B is the perfect balance - very clean, tidy, well maintained; and yet not so sterile as to be unwelcoming. The sleeping quarters were comfortable, the bathrooms clean (I insist on no shortcuts there), and the inn keepers were warm and friendly. It was our "home away from home."

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CelticKate6
Reviewed March 2, 2011

Paul and Betsy have created a gem. The guest rooms are each decorated with a different theme and the charm of handmade quilts and throow pillows. Each has a private bath. The common rooms are gracious and comfotable. It is a short walk to the center of Kennebunk and a convenient drive to many Maine attractions. We can't wait to return to visit with old friends.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank wsabbottt
Reviewed February 17, 2011

We stopped for a night on the way up north and loved it so much we spent another night on the way home just to relax. The delightful inn keepers were a great way to start and end our vacation.

Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sbirch19
Reviewed February 13, 2011

My favorite aunt and uncle from Wisconsin came to visit my husband and I in Gloucester, Mass. last August. We were so excited to finally see each other again....Our first order of business was a whale watch off Gloucester Harbor, after that off to N.Y.C! However, plans changed and mother nature had her way with us, a Hurricane was pounding it's way up the East Coast, so we ditched the trip to NY and headed up to Kennebunk, Maine away from the threatening weather headed our way. I didn't know exactly where we were going to stay, but I took my chances and quickly booked 2 rooms at the Elizabeth Rose House and drove North.

When we arrived, dog beat and exhausted by the excessive humidity (I'm guessing from the tropical moisture from the hurricaine), we were kindly greeted by our hosts, Betsy & Paul Antonellis. They quickly picked up on our needs and sprang into action by immediately providing us with cool beverages, snacks and most importantly, air conditioning! As I was regaining my blood sugar levels and lowering my body temperature I took a moment to "take in" the place I booked on the fly. What first caught my eye was the beautiful foyer upon entering the home, boasting dark and glistening hardwood floors, hand-milled fluted mouldings and an impressive ceiling medallion. Looking to my right was a large sitting room outfitted with couches and chairs, tastefully decorated with original artwork and stock-piled with the latest popular magazines such as Down East and the infamous L.L. Bean Catalog. In the distance was a furnished 3 season porch with comfy chairs in which my husband and I enjoyed private time together with coffee and breakfast each morning, a lovely respite from the busy day ahead!

As the saying goes, the unexpected happens when you least expect it and let's just say this, illness does not take any vacations! My poor aunt fell ill with an infection she was attempting to manage with over the counter medications, but things turned for the worse and her symptoms got so severe we needed to find a doctor quickly. Again, Betsy and Paul sprang into action and assisted her to a doctor that Betsy trusted and knew well. Since my aunt and uncle were from out of state, and did not know the area, Betsy took the problem into her own hands and drove my aunt to the doctor herself.

Needless to say, all I've mentioned thus far, is what our hosts have done for us which already seems to be out of the ordinary and surely above and beyond the call of duty. They went beyond what is expected, and this is all within just the first 2 hours of our arrival!

What I loved most about our stay was the way Betsy and Paul made us feel that their home was also ours....we spent time in their lovely kitchen sitting at the long wood table situated in the front of the fireplace. I love Betsy's over sized chef's kitchen, (in fact I'm downright jealous!), especially the beautiful black and white swirl granite countertops. Every morning Betsy provided her guests with a scrumptious display of fruits, homemade muffins, various cereals, pastries, and every kind of tea you could imagine.

As I fell into bed that first night I felt so happy, content and at peace, regardless of the crazy day we experienced, from the insane humidity, to a frantic trip to the doctors I knew everything was going to be all right. My cool air conditioned room, the sparkling clean bathroom and the blinding white sheets along with a 5 star mattress made sleep come easy.

In my opinion, and my aunt and uncle's as well, our stay at the Elizabeth Rose House ended much too soon. We felt so welcomed and embraced by Betsy and Paul...When you meet Paul you will know exactly what I mean, his dynamic personality and wit keeps you smiling and laughing. Betsy's kindness, intuition and easy manner makes one feel relaxed and at home. It was a perfect blend.

Our visit ended with hugs and promises to return again another day. Before we left my aunt and I shopped at "Betsy's corner" ....an armouir tucked in the corner of the foyer modestly displaying Betsy's incredible, one of a kind, finely and perfectly stitched quiltwork. I purchased a reversable (I should take a picture!) apron hand crafted by Betsy (Martha Stewart would be jealous)...there were other sorts of goodies such as tea cozies, pillow cases and even table cloths all made by Betsy. Her stitchwork is clean, tidy and beautiful, just like the Inn! Eventually we found our way to the hand crafted milled soaps which were in each of our rooms to sample, everything from sandalwood, jasmine, orange and bay rum!

Looking back our hosts did not miss a beat! Regardless of the romantic notions some folks have in owning and opearting a bed and breakfast, it's certainly not an easy task to master! Betsy and Paul should be, in my opinion and also my aunt and uncles be the posterboard example of "How To Properly Operate a B & B", both have mastered this challenging task, not just by their keen business sense, but something more elusive and ethereal. A matter of the heart cannot be printed on fancy paper or displayed on a diploma, but only imprinted on the heart of the person, and in this case on the hearts of Betsy and Paul.

When the time comes to explore the beautiful area of Kennbunk and Kennebunkport, keep in mind The Elizabeth Rose house...it's a wonderful and lovely home adaptable for many venues (weddings, romantic getaways, etc) and yet it so close to the hustle and bustle of the tourist attractions.The prices are more than fair, and the hosts are out of this world. Experience it for yourself, I'm sure you'll agree!

Fondly,

Mary Matthews
Lenny Richardson

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank JanuaryJones77
Reviewed February 13, 2011

The Elizabeth Rose House is a wonderful home away from home. Rooms are cozy and guests are treated like family. the Innkeepers, Betsy and Paul are very accommodating and a wealth of information about Kennybunk and the surrrounding towns. Definitely would return for another dose of Maine hospitality.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank MDABM
Reviewed February 10, 2011

My husband and I are B&B fans, but do not usually travel in the winter, at least not in Maine. This December we decided to give each other the gift of a B&B getaway in the midst of all the Christmas preparations. We chose Elizabeth Rose parly because of the Kennebunk Christmas festivities, but will return just for the charm of the Inn and the real warmth and humor of the hosts, Betsy and Paul. We stayed in the Portland Head Lighthouse room - wonderfully comfortable - perfect in every way. Highly recommended .-

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled as a couple