“Cool environment, Good but not great food”
Review of 50 Local

50 Local
Ranked #11 of 69 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: Contemporary
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: A new restaurant brought to you from local gal, Merrilee Paul and her husband David Ross that will feature the best of the area's resources. Relying on local farms, fisheries, and a commitment to the community, 50 Local is downtown Kennebunk's newest neighborhood establishment. 50 Local will feature an outstanding approachable menu containing many of the traditional dishes offered in French Bistros with an American take, served in a comfortable, elegant, and friendly atmosphere.
Reviewed June 14, 2011

Visited recently and had good experience. Restaurant is eclectic and cool. Food was good but feel like we ordered the wrong items. Service was excellent.

Reviewed May 3, 2011

This place is hidden in Kennebunk but truly excels. The ingredients come from "local" farms and they are posted on a cool blackboard in the middle of the rest. I was there for Easter and the flavors were astounding--something I would pay much more for at another place. Worth going off the tourist traps in Kennebunkport for.

Reviewed February 27, 2011

I had just received my Down East magazine & read the very favorable review, so after church, my 85 year old mother & I were excited to try out this newest eatery downtown. We were greeted by a friendly waitperson, my mother asked for a window table(which there were several of)& he replied they were saved for larger parties. We were a little disappoint-
ed as he sat us @ a 2 top by the bar. We liked that there was a nice variety of choices & the
waiter was patient w/my mothers food allergies. He said they had substituted mushrooms for the tomatoes in the omelet which was what my mother ordered but w/just 1 egg. I had the Eggs Benedict. Our brunch arrived & the omelet had the ham but no mushrooms. The Eggs Benedict were very nice but none of the food was hot. We
were charged for a 3 egg omelet,which was a little unfair.
We also noticed that while we were there ,some diners of 2 were seated @ the window, while others were not. We were a little stymied by what their policy is on being able to sit by the windows. Yes I would go back, love to try them for dinner.

Reviewed February 26, 2011

Went specifically for the mussels and frites and were not disappointed. They were great. We used their fantastic homemade bread to sop up the buttery/mustardy broth...almost as good as the mussels themselves. We will definitely return to try the entrees and some of the house specialty cocktails. The atmosphere is casual and up scale, good location right on a corner in downtown Kennebunk so you can people watch through the large windows. Also nice that their food is made from local ingredients (thus the name) and the sources are identified on a daily chalkboard on the wall.

Reviewed November 30, 2010

I was disappointed with the restaurant. Very slow service even though it was a Tuesday and the place was slow. My appetizer was spring rolls -- the filling was a chicken paste. I found the texture unsatisfying and the accompanying sauce mismatched. My main plate of scallops and risotto was average. The waitress brought each dish out separately -- all four of them. The wait between courses was too long.