“The Perfect Spot for our Family Get-Together” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hounds Tooth Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kennebunk
Hounds Tooth Inn
Ranked #7 of 14 Kennebunk B&B and Inns
LOWELL
“The Perfect Spot for our Family Get-Together”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

I wanted to find a spot for myself, my husband, three adult children, two spouses, one infant, and two dogs to spend some time together for the weekend. Access to beaches and shopping was a must. Hounds Tooth Inn sounded perfect, and it was. The place was even more spacious and prettier than I'd expected, and our hosts simply could not have been more eager to make our stay an enjoyable one. The guests' lodgings include the entire antique home, while the owners have redone the attached barn for themselves. The fridge, microwave, and toaster that the website mentions are not crammed in some corner, but are part of a large, eat-in, country kitchen that is there entirely for the guests' use. For our group, which rented all the rooms, it was like having the big, family home back again, only no one had to serve as host (or mow the lawn or do any upkeep!). There are so many fun little pet-related bits of art, trivia, and memorabilia scattered around the house that my kids all thought it'd be a great place for a scavenger hunt. Our hosts welcomed the dogs with treats, and even provided us with parking passes for the beach. We had a great time and would certainly consider another stay at Hound's Tooth Inn.

Room Tip: The King's Court is a spectacular space for a couple, very large, with a fridge and sink in the...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Watertown, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

The Hound's Tooth Inn is a vacation dream if you travel with a dog, and in our case two dogs. Randee has all that one needs to keep a dog happy and safe. And she is a fantastic cook with a spotless inn and comfortable furniture! So the humans are happy too! Randee gave us great tips on what to do and where to go in the Kenneybunk area, which has many pet-friendly restaurants and interesting sites. The dogs were able to swim and run off-leash in some places, and in others they were content to be on-leash. If you travel with a pet, you will love to stay at the Hound's Tooth Inn - and even if you don't have a pet you will have a fantastic time at the inn!

Room Tip: We stayed in the King's Court suite on the first floor. It was very spacious and with our two st...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Niagara Falls, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012

We have stayed at the Inn on 5 different occasions with our beloved Golden Retrievers, Laura and Ginger. We are Canadians who have lived coast to coast to coast. When we travel on the east coast each year we schedule our dates and route to enable a visit to Hounds Tooth Inn. We love it there, as do Laura and Ginger, who as recently as 4 weeks ago headed to the front door immediately after getting out of vehicle.
Why do we all love Hounds Tooth Inn? Our hosts Randee and Norm are super friendly and welcoming, not to mention thoroughly knowledgeable about all local things to do and see from beach walks, restaurants, and of course places to exercise our dogs, and pet friendly restaurants.
The ambiance at the inn is warm and inviting. Highlights for us include such things gourmet breakfasts served in the huge country kitchen, impeccable and large grounds which include a fenced dog run, outstanding rooms, areas to relax both outside and in, excellent attention to every detail, and the added bonus that we feel we have made genuine friends with our hosts.

Room Tip: "King's Court" is fabulous and spacious, especially with 2 large dogs.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2012 via mobile

My Family and I came across the Hounds Tooth Inn By chance....We were on a Family Vacation with Our Little Shorky, Milly. We had Never been to Maine Had No idea Where to Stay or What Sights to See! Randee And Her Husband Were Absoutly Perfect!!! We stayed 5 Nights at the Hounds Tooth Inn, and I wish it Could have been More!! The Rooms Were Beautiful and Clean the Beds Comfortable....Every Morning Randee would coustomise A Wonderful Breakfast For Our Family of 5! And Then She'd Sit down with Us and Discuss All that Kennebunk Had To Offer!!! All 3 of My Children, ages 4,12 & 14 Insist We Stay At the Hounds Tooth Inn as Often as Possible! And For ALL 3 Children to agree to Something is HUGE!!! I Recommend this Place to ANYONE! Alone or With Family, You Can NOT go Wrong By Staying Here!

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2012

I will definitely visit again! This review focuses on my experience with my 4-footed best friend.

Upon arrival, my dog, Tucker, and I were wonderfully welcomed by Randee and Norm. Both Randee and Norm were super dog people and immediately put my nervous little fella at ease. They gave me the low-down about the area, a local map, and showed me the house and grounds, with special attention to all the finely appointed doggie benefits. Without giving an exhaustive list, I'll mention few: 1) a fenced in area in the back yard where you and your best friend can hang out and you can read or get on the wireless internet (I chose to recline & do online school work :-)) 2) treats in the kitchen for you and your best friend, plus even more special treats from Randee that will get even the most food-fussy dog, like mine, interested in a nosh; 3) ample water & bowls on the grounds for hot days, plus bug spray and other important dog supplies that may have somehow been left behind when packing for the trip; and 4) the Inn is situated about a half mile from the Kennebunk dogpark and only a short drive to the excellent beaches, which allow dog walking in the early morning and evenings during the summertime.

The room was super clean, big, and super comfortable - it truly felt like home away from home. Also, the entire house exudes a feeling of creative touch while retaining a very warm and comfortable atmosphere.

Randee's gustatorial interests are to the great benefit of anyone staying at the Inn. Breakfast involved fresh cucumber and lemon-pepper cottage cheese, a gorgeous fresh fruit and yogurt dish that was truly fantastic and I am still thinking about, and a main dish that is either savory or sweet and that Randee tailors to the interests of her collective guests. In other words, I loved the food and looked forward to my breakfast in the airy kitchen at Randee's wooden table with the other guests where we enjoyed conversation and sent each other off for our daily adventures.

We will be back! Thank you Randee and Norm for everything!

Nicole

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Ashby, Ma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

This was our second visit to the Hounds Tooth Inn. This small bed & breakfast
has country charm and better than home comfort. The hosts, Randee and Norm,
are gracious, considerate, and warm. Randee's creativity, attention to detail, and
consideration of each guests dietary wants and needs, transforms breakfast into
a celebration of the start of each day. Though the house and grounds could serve
as a vacation retreat on their own, they offer convienient access to Kennebunck
beachs, Kennebunckport, and south coastal Maine. The added bonus for us is
that our third family member (Xena, Austrailian shepard mix) is just as welcome.
This place is more than dog tolerant, they are truely dog friendly. Each dog guest
we met was well behaved and socialized. I will be back as soon as I can.

Room Tip: Go on their web site, you can view each room.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Rockland, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2012

I Hounds Tooth Inn in early June, I have been visiting there for five years.

Randee and Norm as usual are the best, there for your every need and always know the best places to dine, shop, sights to see They make you feel like you are visiting a good friend not staying at a B&B.

It is such a relaxing place you want to stay forever. Randee's breakfasts are the best. My dog Benjamin I think would live with Randee and Norm he loves them and the Hounds Tooth Inn. The one bad thing is having to leave, I can hardly wait for my next visit.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Kennebunk
King's Port Inn
Nonantum Resort
#1 of 5 in Kennebunkport
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,569 reviews
Waldo Emerson Inn Bed and Breakfast

Been to Hounds Tooth Inn? Share your experiences!