“Excellent for couples, small families, and seniors”

Academe at The Kennebunk Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Academe at The Kennebunk Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grove St.
Bethany Beach, Delaware, United States
“Excellent for couples, small families, and seniors”
Reviewed June 21, 2014

From the outside, you'd expect this quaint little New England inn to be an expensive lunch. My trip today had my best friend and I looking like we had just hopped off of a motorcycle ride, and I was expecting to feel a little uncomfortable in my surroundings. No so! The dining area is small, quiet, and cute. We were there for a very late lunch, and only a few other tables were filled. The staff was courteous and helpful. The menu was varied, with something for everyone, and daily specials that were just perfectly fancy enough to be tempting without being pretentious. I did not try the legendary lobster pie today (not hungry enough), but the kennebunk salad I had and the haddock sandwich my bestie had were both delicious, and the prices were just right. I would not recommend taking large groups here, as the dining area is suited for tables of four at a maximum, but overall it was a very pleasant little place to eat.

• Visited June 2014

Kennebunk, Maine
“The GREATEST lobster pie.”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Kennebunk Village is fortunate to have two of the areas greatest restaurants within 100 ' of each other.Academe is one of them and their lobster pie is without an equal,probably anywhere. The building itself and setting are superb-quintessential New England charm. Our waiter was outstanding- efficient and friendly but not fawning or overly familiar. We will definitely be returning soon!

Visited June 2013
York Beach, Maine
“Twas the night before............”
Reviewed December 25, 2013

It was the night before Christmas and we chose the Inn to celebrate,when we walked in we were greeted so warmly by all,Christmas was here! We ordered drinks and looked over an expansive menu,I asked for help and received some advice from a very knowledgable waiter,which turned out to be some of the best advice ever,my daughter in law asked for some changes and they were done,he was very helpful,we sat and talked and toasted the night as we awaited our meals,the salad delightful and the rolls so warm and toasty,then the meal arrived and the ohhs and ahhhhhhhs began,,my chicken dish was the best meal I have ever had,moist tender and a wonderful reduction sauce,the roasted brussel sprouts,excellent and the smoked sweet potato with home made marshmello,I scraped the dish clean and wanted more,my duaghter in law had the crab ravioli,with shrimp and she had asked for no mussels,which were missing,it was so good, she too wanted to get every bite and wanted more,my son had the beer battered haddock,excellent, we all cleaned our plates,every bite,our waiter was attentive but not hovering,we really felt so at home,a very nice feeling, we looked at a wonderful dessert menu but were too full and just comfortable,we sat for awhile and watched the happy faces of other diners,one party seemed to have invited Santa,and I can imagine the HO HO HO!,he exclaimed as he went on his way...........as we left Merry Christmas`s were said and warm thank you`s and we went home with the Christmas spirit in our hearts and a vow to be back,the Kennebunk Inn is a gift indeed,when you feel the need of good no great food and welcoming smiles ,pay them a visit,and just enjoy! Thank you to the staff for a great experience and a Merry Christmas to all

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank crabbyjan
Boston, Massachusetts
“Best lobster pie!”
Reviewed December 7, 2013

Our first trip to Academe and we would go back if only for the Lobster Pot Pie. It was sensational! The Inn and restaurant are quaint and on the plain side... very Mainelike. Service was fine. The Pot Pie was the best of our meals .

• Visited November 2013
Reading, Massachusetts, United States
“Romantic Dinner”
Reviewed November 18, 2013

Came here for dinner on a thursday night and we ordered the lobster pot pie and the lobster pizza! It was so good and perfect on a cold night. I would say that ordering the lobster pot pie if you're hungry might leave you wanting more so order an appetizer. Will definitely come back!

• Visited November 2013