“excellent food, extremely limited menu, small portions”

Academe at The Kennebunk Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Academe at The Kennebunk Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #17 of 67 Restaurants in Kennebunk
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Grove St.
saco,me
“excellent food, extremely limited menu, small portions”
Reviewed November 15, 2012

I agree with the other reviewer who criticized portion size. The demi-salad is three bites of greens for $4.50! I had a turkey pot pie which was excellent, but a small portion at $18.00. My wife had the full salad (at $9.00) which was the size of a side salad,again very tasty,but insultingly small for the price.The cup of butternut squash soup was also delicious. We were also extremely disappointed at the entree options for dinner,very limited.Service was attentive and very good. Expand the entree choices,enlarge the portions and this is a very good dining option. As is,it's only average.

• Visited October 2012

Texas
“Delicious!”
Reviewed November 2, 2012

At this charming bed and breakfast, the chefs are a husband and wife team. They cooked up our favorite meal while visiting Maine. The ambiance was great, the staff courteous and attentive, and the fish and chicken ordered, delicious!

Visited October 2012
“Best meal of our vacation”
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Let me start by saying hats off to the chef. You are preparring quality food with very inventive twists to it. The love, care and skill put into your dishes is very evident. I feel bad that it is not really recognised or appreciated in these reviews.
I had the crab raviolli with shrimp and I think it's the best thing I"ve ever eaten. Can I please have the recipe!!! (my email is coming for that one). My husband had the fillet and it was perfect. The kids had great meals as well the desserts were something else. Hubby had the ice cream with homemade rootbeer?? and my son ordered the chocolate souflet. Wow, awesome meal. We ordered one of the less astrinomically priced wines and it was better than expected.
We scored a Restaurant.com gift card online during one of their sales for $4 for a $50 gift card which allowed us to splurge a little more.
Would have eaten here again if it was not our last night.
Service was very slow. I don't think it was all the servers fault. She had to wait on the bartender for the wine etc. They should all work together a little more and help each other out maybe. Also should warn people the chocolate souflet is preparred on order so it takes a long time!
I also don't think the price of what we ordered was out of range for fine dining food and the quality of it.

• Visited August 2012
1 Thank lobsterlovers
Nashua
“Good food- but.....”
Reviewed August 5, 2012

The food and presentation were excellent, but the quantity of food compared to price was sorely difficient. Very scanty portions in relation to the prices charged. Even the bowl of candy in the entrance held miniscule pieces of wrapped hard candy! I feel one does not get his money's worth at this establishment.

• Visited August 2012
PA
“Excellent food!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

We came by mistake. We were looking for 50 local but they were closed so we crossed the street and we went to this inn. Service was good and the salmon panini was excellent.