“Four Texans, 4 thumbs up for good food”

Cuisines: American
Reviewed June 6, 2014

We keep going back to this restaurant for the delicious clam chowder. This is our third time while staying in Jackman for less than a week. Their specials are very ample and the menu prices are all so reasonable.
The clam strips were lightly breaded and fried perfectly. My husband ordered lobster and was pleased with it. I had the burger which wasn't anything special but certainly good. Watch out for the moose bites if you aren't very hungry. It's a huge platter filled with excellent onion rings, fries, cheese sticks, coconut shrimp and wings.

The desserts are good. Four of us shared carrot cake, blueberry pie, coconut cream and chocolate cream pie. We all agreed the blueberry pie was the best.

Two of the three nights we had a friendly waitress named Amber. She was knowledgeable about the menu, very competent and gave good suggestions as to what to order.

We definitely will return next time in Jackman.

1  Thank Susan B

Reviewed March 16, 2014

My husband and I spent a week at the Mountainview Resort and ate out several times and did read tripadvisor about Mike's Moose Crossing and why it is #1. Let me tell you the food was outstanding such as the prime rib, thick cut and cooked just right. The stuffed haddock was amazing, the burgers were enough for 2!! One night my hubby and I ate 2 pieces of choc cream pie as it was the best I ever tasted!! Let me not forget the help is "top notch", we had Max and Jess who are very thorough and hard working!! My husband enjoyed his crown royals and they do not skip out on their pours. We will be back next year!! Keep up the good work guys!!

Reviewed February 23, 2014

Service was excellent. We went there yesterday and all the people working in there were very friendly and helpful. Food was very good and definitely will come back next time we are in Jackman.

Reviewed February 22, 2014

Staying at our home resort in Jackman, the locals insisted we try this "new" restaurant, so off we went. A familiar place with outdoorsy decor, we'd dined here in the past but not with this new owner and the great seafood choices offered. Who knew seafood would be this good so far from the coast? Two chose the whole belly clams - hard to find except on the coast; the lobster roll with a cup of chowdah and the kids had the chicken alfredo. Oh, we did get the "Moose Bites" appetizer - onion rings, mozzarella sticks, buffalo chicken, coconut shrimp, fries - all of this was delightfully yummy. Our server was friendly and prompt and got everything right. Our meals came quickly and we were all very happy with our choices with the exception of one of the kids - too cheesy was the only issue, so next time he'll get Kraft mac and cheese because it's on the menu! We ate sooo much we took our desserts to go - peanut butter pie and carrot cake - again very good. We thoroughly enjoyed our evening and will recommend this to our friends and we'll be back for more!

Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

Just visited between Christmas and New Year 2x. Had an excellent 1 1/8 lb lobster meal on special both nights for $15.95. Both nights it was cooked to perfection!

Right off the snowmobile ITS 89 trail & within driving distance from downtown Jackman.

We love this restaurant and visit multiple times every trip. Only downfall is the limited days they are opened (closed Mon to Wed).

I only say that because I would have loved to go again before we left!

2  Thank Jessica_527