The Colony on Frenchman's Bay
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
Robbins Motel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Acadia Pines Motel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)
View Hotel
All reviewsthe cottageschart roomdog walk areaprivate beachfront desk ladyfrenchman's bayacadia national parkbar harborhull's coveheated poolvisitor's centerwithin walking distancesummer seasonbit datedfridge and microwavevery nice staytwo nights
Reviewed July 6, 2012

We enjoyed our one nights stay at Hulls Cove. We use any of the amenities. This was basically a place to sleep for us. It is an older motel but fairly well kept. Price was better than the other places. Nice view of Frenchman's Bay. Ate at a lobster pound on the way in to Mount Desert Island.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank susanelaine
Reviewed June 26, 2012

While we travel a great deal, we almost never stay in hotels or motels. My partner, niece and I recently spent 4 nights at The Colony while making our yearly trip to bike and run the carriage trails of Acadia and enjoy culinary adventures in Bar Harbor. The cottages are small, but more than sufficient if you don't intend to spend your days inside. The original 1960s furnishings are wonderful. The owners were very accommodating and friendly, making our stay comfortable. I would definitely return to the Colony again.

Room Tip: ask for a cottage or room with a new mattress
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brhoads
Reviewed June 9, 2012

We went for 3 nights in Memorial Weekend; About a 4,5 hrs drive from Boston. Very nice place to discover Mnt Dessert Island. Cozy cabins, nice beds, great working shower. Very dog friendly as she was allowed everywhere and they have a small trail to walk the dog. The pool wasn't open yet, which was kind of a disappointment, but they opened it the 2nd day. Great location, right near the (rocky, small) beach, 5 min to Bar Harbor and right near the entrance of Acadia National Park. Very friendly and helpful staff. Overall a very nice trip with a very great value! We loved it and will be back.

Room Tip: Just call and specify your requirements. They have several lay-outs/sizes
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed March 27, 2012

My wife and I have spent many summers here. The property is always wonderful. The cottages are well kept. The motel is where we stay when the cottages are full. The Colony is to me my Bar Harbor / Home away from home. The staff always is welcoming and friendly.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 31, 2011

I was very pleased with my recent stay at the Colony. The staff knew who I was when I arrived, it was an unusally cold late summer night and the heat had been turned on in the cabin. There was a current copy of Downeast magazine in the room and the owner provided me with quarters for the ice machine. The Colony is located directly across the street from the ocean and there is a great little beach there also. It's within short walking distance to a restaurant on the ocean side and a general store with chips and beer and burgers. About 3 miles from downtown BH. Another reviewer wrote that it is clean and that it was. Staff was very accomodating as well.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family