The Colony on Frenchman's Bay
$89
Robbins Motel(Bar Harbor)
$56
Acadia Pines Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$79
Best Western Acadia Park Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$149
$169
HolidayInn.com
$127
$159
Bar Harbor Motel(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$129
Acadia Inn(Bar Harbor)(Great Value!)
$142
All reviewsthe cottageschart roomdog walk areaprivate beachfront desk ladyfrenchman's bayacadia national parkbar harborhull's coveheated poolvisitor's centerwithin walking distancesummer seasonbit datedfridge and microwavevery nice staytwo nights
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We spent a wonderful two nights in two rooms. We had 3 grandboys, their mother and uncle
with us. The location was perfect for everything. The boys enjoyed the heated pool and wanted to spend more time in it. We plan on going back again even without the boys. We
highly recommend The Colony.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank OakeyMe
Reviewed July 23, 2011

Just came back from a vacation with my daughter and my dog. The Colony was a great place to stay. Clean, quiet, and very dog friendly (they even have a dog walk). The heated pool was a nice break between activities. The cabins are not right on the road, so it is quiet. The Colony is 2 minutes from the entrance to Acadia, and 10 minutes from town. The kitchen only consists of a fridge and microwave, so plan accordingly. Also, I would suggest bringing your own towels (you are given the standard small hotel towels). I am writing a review because it was helpful for me when I was looking for a place to stay. I will definitely go back again.

Reviewed July 20, 2011

Stayed at the Colony for a family reunion. It reminded me of vacationing back in time. Clean little cottages that were close to the attractions, but very dated. The last updates to decor seemed to be in the 1970s, complete with crushed velvet chairs! The staff was very friendly. If you are not particular about having all the extras, this was a clean place to stay at a better value than the places inside Bar Harbor.

1  Thank ColonelAudubon
Reviewed July 6, 2011

My husband and I , our adult daugher and her friend rented two side by side rooms in one cottage 31 a-b over the July 4th weekend. We stayed for 5 nights.This was our third stay at the Colony. This is a Downeast Maine Mom and Pop type hotel. The cottages were clean and comfortable. They were bright and airy with lots of windows. The sea air just wafted through our rooms. The colony is a modest cottage, very retro, clean and cozy. The views of Hulls Cove are fantastic and the location and value cannot be beat. The best part are the owners. It is family run, Jean, is so friendly and accomodating.She did everything she could to get our rooms for the dates we wanted.
She would stop by and "visit" with our dog Harry in the morning. she is a wonderful host!! Her son Kyle, is very down to earth and cooked a FREE 4th of July barbecue.. There was lobster, ribs, steaks, chicken, hamburger, sausages, baked potatoes, salad , deserts,etc.. all for free., he was very patient as the guests were eagerly requesting their food. How many establishments would do this for guests?? This is a comfortable, clean place to stay, you cannot beat the location . I get homesick when I am away, but seeing the family bond between Jean and her family made me feel at home...If you are looking for lavish, fancy duds, this is not for your, but down to earth comfort and people. .. you have it here!!

Reviewed June 30, 2011

Highly recommend, not luxury but very clean with an awesome view and bang for your dollar. Lots of space including a great lawn for kids to run around on. Great place for a family. We had a cabin with two rooms giving everyone a bed & a great night's sleep!

• Stayed: June 2011