“Horrendous Service!!!”

Downunder Sports Pub
Ranked #16 of 27 Restaurants in Houlton
Reviewed July 4, 2014

Three other tables were already seated and had their food, we sat and waited 25 minutes to just order our drinks. During this time two people came in and sat at one table. They actually received their drinks before we did. We did not have any bar order drinks, only soda and water. We ordered our food at the same time as we ordered our drinks. When our drinks did arrive the order was wrong and one of the drink cups was on filled three-quarters of the way full. We continued to wait for our food, by the time it arrived it was over an hour and half after ordering. Prior to it arriving I finally tracked down the waitress and asked her if it would be coming out soon, she proceeded with quite a tone of voice to tell me that the kitchen was backed up and it should be out soon. I called into question the kitchen being backed up as the only other tables with people when we arrived had already been served before our order was placed. Shortly after our food arrived a man at a table began to very loudly play a plastic kazoo, after he began his second "song" I went to ask the waitress if he could be asked to stop interrupting the rest of the diners, I was told after insisting that we could not even hear our own conversation at our table across the room that I would need to speak to the manager, I asked for him to be called and instead the bartender made excuses for it, refused to call the manager when I explained the multiple issues during our visit he said with a very rude tone of voice that he could discount our food and that the kazoo player should be leaving shortly (he was never asked to stop playing at all). When I finally received our check no discount was made on the bill at all. The service was extremely slow and the servers were very rude and unapologetic. I will NEVER set food in this establishment again and as it is located on the same property as the Shiretown Inn I will be directing any company to the area to Ivy's across the street instead. Horrible Service!!!

3  Thank keriqueen

Reviewed April 5, 2014

Formerly the Lounge Downunder at the Shiretown Motor Inn, this restaurant closed several years ago after falling on hard times. It reopened as the Downunder last fall. The restaurant has been remodeled and is now a family-friendly restaurant with a nice sports bar atmosphere and live entertainment, a nice variety of pub-style and dinner entrees. ( The blackened haddock sandwich is fanatstic ... done just right.) The staff is very friendly and eager to serve. A floor manager is on hand to make sure things go smoothly. A vast improvement from past years. It's worth the visit. We've been back three times.

1  Thank Wayne B