“Great spot in Houlton Maine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Elm Tree Diner

Elm Tree Diner
Ranked #1 of 26 Restaurants in Houlton
Cuisines: American, Diner
Good for: Kids, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Calgary, Canada
“Great spot in Houlton Maine!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

Really good home cooked food! Huge portions! Extremely attentive to my needs as I am Celiac, although they were not serving breakfast any more they were more than happy to make me an omelet and took the time to assure me that it would be cooked in a separate skillet on not on their grill, waitress was well informed and well aware of how little it would take to cause a problem. Very refreshing and not often found, way yo go Elm Tree Diner, if we are ever back in Maine we will definitely be back.

Visited June 2014

Germantown, Tennessee
“Great menu and warm service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 21, 2014

My wife and I enjoyed a Tuesday evening dinner here. The daily specials were great (I enjoyed grilled swordfish), the vegetables were well prepared, and the desserts were delicious and huge. Both of us saved half of our desserts to enjoy later in the week. We enjoyed dining here.

Visited June 2014
Willington
“Hit or miss”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2014

This restaurant is a landmark in the Houlton area, It has been here since I was a kid. We eat here three or four times a year when we are in town. sometimes it is excellent and you couldn't ask for anything more and other times it is horrible. The last time we were there we got burgers that were totally black. this time they were first rate. I guess it must be the cooks. Look at what other people are eating and then decide. Oh, and if the pie case is empty, that is a good sign.

Visited May 2014
1 Thank FJtravelingpenguine
Houlton, Maine
“military discount”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 27, 2014

I am a retired veteran and when my wife & I visited your place and asked about a military discount I was told that you do not offer it. I have heard that you do offer it to law enforcement thou. I have my military ID to prove my service.

We do enjoy coming to eat there.

• Visited April 2014
“Elm Tree Diner is a Must Visit in Houlton”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014

I like the Elm Tree Diner and I make a point of dropping in for lunch most every time I'm in Houlton. Even if I don't have lunch, I'll pick up their Whoopie Pies to take home.

The food is always good and very consistent in quality. Staff are great and give good service. My favourites are BLT, Western or Reuben. Deserts are super with big selection and bigger portions. Don't go if you're on a diet!

• Visited April 2014

Been to Elm Tree Diner? Share your experiences!