My husband and I were in Maine, He was taking a load to a hospital in Novia Scotia, and I decided to stop in Maine and stay for 2 days and when he returned we decided to stay the weekend. We stay a total of four days. I was very impressed with the quite, quaintness of the hotel. They had all the amenities for the big hotels but it was quite and very relaxing. They do have a no smoking no pet policy and I choose to stay there anyway. my husband and I both smoke. We did not smoke in the room at all. I went outside to enjoy to fresh cool air to smoke, They charged me for smoking in the room anyway. I have contacted them about this and they are suppose to get back with me. I would not have signed their policy if I had intented to smoke in the room. (I would have stayed elsewhere or I would have paid it up front). I enjoyed my stay there one of the desk clerks was a little rude, being from the south he just wasn't as friendly as we are, he wasn't mean or anything. I needed to get away due to the fact that my son passed 2 years ago on that date. I was looking for some quite peaceful and relaxing place, this was it. I did burn candles in my room one night that could be what they considered smoking. I lit the candle in rememberance of my son. Hopefully they will get that extra charge taken care of. Other than that I really enjoyed my time there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Ivey's is located at exit 302 just off I-95. It is the closest property to the US and Canadian border. Offering a variety of room types and sizes Ivey's provides a pleasant nights rest. Now with a complete breakfast to get any traveler started. Ivey's has it all, from a hot breakfast in the morning to a hot bowl of soup. Stop by O'Kelly's for a night cap before you turn in and meet some of the locals for a good time. All rooms are serviced by interior corridors with a complete video security system both inside and out to protect your property. The staff at Ivey's not only leaves the light on for you, but they also wait up for you. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia and Hotels.com so you can book your Ivey's Motor Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ivey`s Motor Hotel Houlton
- Iveys Hotel Houlton
- Iveys Motel Houlton
- Ivey's Motor Lodge Houlton, Maine