“VERY NICE STAY BUT A LITTLE ANNOYED” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ivey's Motor Lodge

Ivey's Motor Lodge
Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
Brooksville, Mississippi
“VERY NICE STAY BUT A LITTLE ANNOYED”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2010

My husband and I were in Maine, He was taking a load to a hospital in Novia Scotia, and I decided to stop in Maine and stay for 2 days and when he returned we decided to stay the weekend. We stay a total of four days. I was very impressed with the quite, quaintness of the hotel. They had all the amenities for the big hotels but it was quite and very relaxing. They do have a no smoking no pet policy and I choose to stay there anyway. my husband and I both smoke. We did not smoke in the room at all. I went outside to enjoy to fresh cool air to smoke, They charged me for smoking in the room anyway. I have contacted them about this and they are suppose to get back with me. I would not have signed their policy if I had intented to smoke in the room. (I would have stayed elsewhere or I would have paid it up front). I enjoyed my stay there one of the desk clerks was a little rude, being from the south he just wasn't as friendly as we are, he wasn't mean or anything. I needed to get away due to the fact that my son passed 2 years ago on that date. I was looking for some quite peaceful and relaxing place, this was it. I did burn candles in my room one night that could be what they considered smoking. I lit the candle in rememberance of my son. Hopefully they will get that extra charge taken care of. Other than that I really enjoyed my time there.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Merritt Island, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 2, 2010

On our way to New Brunswick, we stumbled onto this fabulous little motel by searching for lodging on our GPS. It was very clean and spacious and very reasonably priced. Very friendly and helpful staff. It was one of the best places we stayed on our trip to Maine and New Brunswick!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Halifax, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2010

Ivey's was wonderful. The room was clean, spacious and quiet. We had 2 double beds and each bed had 2 pillows and there were 2 spare pillows. It included a small bar fridge and microwave and the window opened. It was only $72 per night and included a small continental breakfast. Great hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Palmyra
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2010

When we checked into the hotel the clerk was VERY rude( I asked for an extra pillow and she said that the hotel did not supply extras and I could purchase one at the local Walmart) and continued to be rude to the other 30-40 people that we were traveling with. I paid for our room in cash in advance but the rude clerk also put the room on our credit card(their policy is that you have to have a credit card on file) I spoke to the owner Rick and he refunded the card ( which it takes 5-7 days before the money is back in your account) and said he was having problems with this clerk and apologized . On check out one of the ladies that we were traveling with was quoted a price when she booked the room and they tried to charge her $40.00 more when she checked out saying that her 11 and 14 year olds were considered adults. She refused to pay the extra and that she wanted to speak to the manager..the clerk then said it would be ok to pay the first quote. As far as cleanliness the hotel was very clean and the rest of the people at the hotel were nice.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank brigidpalmyra
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, April 16, 2010
You have stated your point very well, Thank you. I would like to ask if you can provide me with the name of the individual that you have mentioned in your review. As is posted, everyone under the age of 10 stays free here at Ivey's. Unfortunately the owner makes the policies not myself. I try to uphold all of what has been asked of me. The owners feel that a person older than 10 uses just as much water and amenities as an adult. Again, I apologize for the actions of the staff, this situation has been corrected.
Rick.
Managing member.
New Brunswick
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 10, 2010

A colleague had booked us in here for a couple of nights & I was skeptical, but it was an excellent choice. Although I didn't use them the room had a microwave, small fridge, & coffee maker. The furnishings were a bit old, but everything was spotlessly clean. The 2 queen beds were not high end pillow tops, & a bit low to the floor, (the toilet seemed a bit higher then most), but were more comfortable then I expected when i first got in the room. There is a small lounge for a drink & the server & locals were very friendly the 2 nights we stopped in. A local reataurant that was recommended to us by some patrons was the Horn Of Plenty, & it was unbelieveably good. DO NOT MISS THE OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE SUPPER THERE. I'm going take the 3-1/2 drive up with my wife in the next couple of months just to eat there again

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank NBHabsfan
Spain
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 9, 2010

If you are en-route and need to stay in Houlton then Ivey's Motor Lodge offers a clean, spacious room. No frills but friendly reception and less traffic noise than many places just off a highway.

Be warned though that there are few resteraunts, other than fast food eateries, in Houlton. Best pick of those is probably the Irving!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank keenvisitor
Salem, NH
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 28, 2009

We love coming here, can always count on a clean room and friendly staff on our way to PEI. You won't go wrong with this place.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank lavertyds
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Jacksonville
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Ivey's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!