“Be careful”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Houlton
New York City, New York
“Be careful”
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Not a bad place but be cautious when making reservations. THey want a 24 hour advance in case you need to cancel. Ridiculous. Almost all places only need cancellations before 6pm. Rooms were decent but the Internet service was beyond horrible. All in all, nothing to write home about.

Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, March 14, 2013
Hi,
Thank you for your recent review of our property. We were just notified of issues with our "spotty" signal for the internet here at Ivey's. We contacted our I.T. people and they are sending someone to check it out.
Our policy of asking for a 24 hour notice of cncellation is an industry standard. Generally in our off season we do not charge for a cancellation made within that time. I will however say that we do enforce this policy whereas we do turn potential guest away during these times.
We are always looking to improve our facility and make it better. At this time we are in the process of doing some painting and lighting updates.
We always ask our guest if they have any suggetions please let us know.
Again, Thank you for your review and we hope that you will stay with us again and let us know how we are doing.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (41)
Forestdale, Massachusetts
Reviewed January 7, 2013

Ivey's is a clean facility with great staff. Jackie in the Pub was extremely nice and helpful about the local restaurants. Free wifi is always a bonus. It's a spot my father always uses on his way to Canada from Massachusetts. Good experience, overall.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Ivey's Motor Lodge. I'm pleased that Jackie and your visit to O'kelly's Irish Pub was a good one. All the staff tries to do thier best to assist all our guest with a pleasant stay. We always strive to do our best and we understand that there are times that we do not do that. I hope that if at any time we don't meet your expectations you will let us know,
Thanks again,
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 1, 2013

This hotel is a great place to stop over, its location is primo for long trips to canada, its just a couple miles from the check point into CA. The motel is decent, has all the accomodations, its not the ritz but its clean, has everything you need, and was a good stop over. No complaints, I would probably not make it a vacation spot but its definately a good place to stop over on those long drives. Price was great too for watching your wallet.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
I'm glad we were able to make your stay here at Ivey's a good one. We are always trying to improve our facility and hope that some time in the near future we will be the motel to stay for any occasion. We are currently looking at adding a season pool. I hope that if any our guests has any suggestions that they might provide it to us. Thanks again for your review and we look forward to seeing you again.
Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Just a wonderful place! When my son and I were without power after a winter storm swept through Bancroft, Ivey's was there to welcome us with such great service. Great owner and Sharon at the front desk, went out of their way to make our stay feel like part of the family. We have stayed here before while on vacation and have really enjoyed it. We have recommended this establishment to many. Thank you Ivy's <3

• Stayed December 2012
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
Thank you for your recent review of Ivey's. We always do our best assist all our guest. Sharon, aswell as all our employees do try to go out of thier way to help everyone. We are proud of the fact that we made your stay here a comfortable one and hope that we can assist you again if that need arises. Thank you again and have a wonderful New Year!
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed November 26, 2012

Don't miss the opportunity to stay here! The friendly welcome back by Stacey at the desk and the warm soup and biscuit when I arrived was perfect after a long drive. She knew my preferences and had me checked in quickly. I have stayed here often on business and am never disappointed. The breakfast area and offerings have expanded and get my morning off to a great start. The spacious rooms are comfortable, clean and always being upgraded. There is a microwave and a refrigerator in all the rooms. The owner and all the staff go out of their way offering great hospitality and accommodating all your needs, even getting my key out of a locked car when AAA and all others had failed!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank 138Deb
iveyshoulton, Manager at Ivey's Motor Lodge, responded to this review, November 28, 2012
Thank you for your recent review of Ivey's Motor Lodge.
Stacy and all of the staff do all that we can to assist each and every guest with the best within our control. We are pleased to know that we have met your needs. We are always trying to improve and expand on what we can provide for all visitors to the area. If you have any suggestions or recommendations that might help us to be better please let us know.
Thank you again and we hope that we continue to meet your expectations!!
Parsonsfield, Maine, United States
Reviewed November 15, 2012

We stayed at this motel and we were upset as they did not inform us that we will not have power durning the night. They did not post it on the doors coming in or in our room. They knew the Monday before our reservation on that Friday and did not contact us. I use a machine to sleep with as I stop breathing during the night. Needless to say when my machine stopped I got scared. The manager was very rude and I was very upset as I also have cancer and need my sleep. He was not a very good person and didn't seem to care about my situation. We will never stay there again and we will not recommend this place because of the manager. We have stayed there before and there were no problems. He also down graded our Business Manager and the ATV's. I know this is a little late but I needed to get this out.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
I'm Sorry to hear that you had such a bad experience here at Ivey's. We do our best to inform all guest of any type of problem that may be within our control. We only learned of the intended power outage on Thursday the day before the power company was to do work on the utility lines. We did post notice in the lobby and in each room notifiying all guests of the area wide power outage. The power was projested to be out for no more than 4 hours. However the power was only out for 47 minutes. We had emergency lighting in all common areas and areas that we felt might pose a potential problem for anyone. The staff member that tried to assist ou did all that was possible at that hour of the morning.
We were still able to provide all guest with our new breakfast and had no other persons that complained or had any complications regarding this situation.
The staff at Ivey's did and tries to do our best with any and all problems that might arise. We are sorry that there was an area wide power outage that was above and beyond our control.
Saco, Maine
Reviewed October 10, 2012

My husband and I stayed only one night. We were pleasantly surprised by the squeeky clean spacious room. The bedding was clean and fresh. the bathroom had an oversize shower and thick towels. We were very comfortable and will stay here whenever we are in the area.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank LDJJ
Thank you for your review of Ivey's Motor Lodge.
We are pleased that we met your expectations while here in the Houlton area. I hope that when you return that you will see some of on going improvements. We are alwyas trying to improve on what we have and make it better, We feel that we offer a good nights rest at this time but we hope to make it even better.
From all of the staff and management thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again for all your resting needs while in the Houlton area.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Houlton
Shiretown Motor Inn
#1 of 1 in Jacksonville
Stiles Motel
Stiles Motel
#3 of 4 in Woodstock

Been to Ivey's Motor Lodge? Share your experiences!