“Loved it!”

Ruby Slippers Cafe and Bakery
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Harrison
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Home cooked breakfast, lunch and dinner featuring fresh baked breads, our own soups, stews and chowders, locally sourced products, and a full bar. Fish fry every Tuesday night, $5 burgers and .50 wings on Thursday night and breakfast buffet Sundays from 8am til noon.
Reviewed September 13, 2012

This restaurant is a little out of the way, but if you are anywhere near Naples or Harrison , Me, stop in and visit the sisters who own and run this restaurant. The food is great and the baked goods are to die for. Beer and wine are available and don't miss the great Sunday brunch (make sure you try the quiche)! This is our favorite restaurant in the area.

2  Thank sally19817
Stacy122, Owner at Ruby Slippers Cafe and Bakery, responded to this reviewResponded September 17, 2012

Aww, thanks!! Quiche is definitely one of our most popular items! So glad you had such a great experience!

Reviewed August 18, 2012

This was tecommended by someone who has only eaten breakfast here. We went for lunch. Breakfast was available, but we all had lunch. I did not see any uncovered baked goods like a previous reviewer, and I will have to go back before I leave the area to try a muffin or something, as they looked great and I have been told they taste great, too. Sandwichez were very good and the rolls were fresh. I agree that t
he hand cut fries were great. One of our group had garden tomato soup that she said was very tasty and was loaded with vegetables.

1  Thank Colleen G
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I have been here a couple of times for breakfast. Once on my own and once with a friend. It was okay...not great. The staff was friendly. The atmosphere is just okay. There isn't any other breakfast place that I can think of right in this area so it serves a purpose. On the counter was some unwrapped pastries and such. This always bothers me as fruit flies are a constant problem in the summer months. I don't understand the concept of uncovered food. I was excited when it first opened looking forward to a bakery...that was a total disappointment. Very little to choose from and nothing very original. Seems clean though.

Rhonda, thank you so much for trying us on more than one occasion. We appreciate your business. I wanted to respond to the concern of unwrapped items in the bakery. We place most of our bakery items out to cool in the retail area. We cannot wrap them until they are completely cooled as it creates condensation, thereby making an ideal environment for bacterial growth (not something we want). Once the items are completely cooled, we wrap and date them as per health code regulation. Our bakery items change daily, and we focus stocking the items our customers are asking for. Feel free to make a request, we love to try new things! Thank you for your feedback! We love an opportunity to improve.

Reviewed July 23, 2012

We stopped in on our way to do a little antiquing. We had a delicious lunch. All three of us greatly enjoyed our meals. Everything fresh, including the pies. Since the cherry filling is homemade from fresh cherries, they pit themselves. The one owner even told us she had to do that pie by hand since she couldn't find her cherry pitter. My turkey club wrap was delicious and the hand cut fries are to die for. I can't say enough about my meal! Not to mention we sat out on the deck and had a beautiful view of the lake. Sorry that I didn't take any photos to share!

1  Thank chlodie