“Yummy breakfast”

Cuisines: American
Washington D.C. Metro Area
“Yummy breakfast”
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Nice little store/restaurant with a Maine no nonsense local appeal.
The food was well prepared, not gourmet, but down to earth. I indulged in one of Maine's famous treats, a Whoopie pie from this place and enjoyed it very much.

Visited October 2013

Norwich, Connecticut
“Adequate, but could be better”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

We stopped here for a quick lunch, as we were driving around Bailey's Island and needed something. They have pizza and a bunch of sandwiches you can order and a couple of tables inside where you can sit. You order at the counter, then they bring it out to you. My husband ordered a turkey club and I went for the chicken parmesan sub. The kitchen is literally right there, so we could watch as they made the food for us and the other patrons. The wait was typical in terms of speed of getting the food, which was fine, as we weren't in a big hurry.

My chicken parmesan sub was okay, it had grilled, chopped chicken in it, which to me was not as nice as a big piece of grilled or preferably fried chicken. There was a decent sauce on it and melted cheese, but really overall it didn't have that much chicken in it, which is what made it just okay, as you could barely taste it, and the flavor overall wasn't as good as your typical chicken parm. My husband's turkey sub had a few slices of bacon, a bunch of lettuce, a little cheese, and really not much turkey. He said the flavor overall was good, but it was a big sub roll, with not a lot in it, especially turkey wise, just a few thin slices, which is why he was disappointed as well. We wouldn't really go out of our way to go back here. I hear the pizza is good, and we saw them making some which looked decent, so that might be the better bet. Otherwise we would just go elsewhere.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank nutsgoalie
Fulton, New York
“Excellent”
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Real country spot. Warm friendly people. Good food at fair price. Owner working there. There is about everything that you may need for supplies. Nice place to sit outside and enjoy your morning coffee or lunch.

Visited August 2013
Simsbury, CT
“Local favorite”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I happened by this store/restaurant while getting to know the island. It is a quaint little restaurant that served a great ham sandwich (I took it out but there are tables available). Very home-style, and while I waited for my grinder, I noticed lots of local people stopping by for food. They also sell wine and have a limited variety of staples, Friendly service.

• Visited August 2013
Orlando, Florida
“Great little shop”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

We visited the general store several times during the week and they have a great selection. We got everything we needed and the staff was helpful.

Visited July 2013