“Nice little hideaway”

Block & Tackle Restaurant
Gardner, Massachusetts
“Nice little hideaway”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

Homey and unpretentious. The lobster sandwich & homemade potato salad were excellent.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank mcthumber

Brunswick Maine
“Lobster specials are amazing.”
Reviewed July 15, 2012

I had the lobster stew, and it had to have a whole lobster in it, my daughter had the same with the same amount of lobster. My husband had simmered lobster in butter it also was a good portion he had two sides which he had potato salad and garlic bread, which he said was good.

Most of all.....save room for homemade desserts we had whackie cake with peanut butter frosting. It certainly hit the spot!

We also arrived late ....ten minutes to closing and they said they didn't mind serving us, which was good as we were tired and hungry. We took the desserts home so the staff could go home as well.

Oh cash or local check only... No ATM that I could see.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank packupupandaway
Harpswell, Maine
“Homestyle Harpswell Cooking at its best”
Reviewed April 27, 2012

Block and Tackle is better than most diners and has the best fried onion rings I have ever eaten.
Basis food done well in a friendly environment.

• Visited October 2011
2 Thank gregbarmore
harpswell maine
“Lobster SANDWICH??”
Reviewed January 30, 2012

Eay-ah.... You read right.
You should be gett'n the sandwich 'cause its sets up on toasted and buttered "Texas Toast" and its filled with that mouthwater'n Maine lobster caught fresh right out of beautiful Cundy's Harbor Maine.
Afta yer done eat'n drive down the road about 1/4 mile to Cundys harbor and visit "Hawkes Lobster "and check out all the unusual gifts you can bring on back to all yer friends back home.
Alot of the items are locally crafted ,original and very reasonable.
We recently move to Harpswell and love both these places.You will too!!

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank harpswelljeep
SUN CITY CENTER
“Great fried clams”
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I was searching for my annual fried clams from Maine's Harpswell area and found this unassuming place. The clams are the way I like them with crumb coating and were sweet and small. My husband had the shrimp and they were also very good. And the prics won't break your budget. I will try a chowder next time as well, although it may be awhile unfortunately!

• Visited July 2011