“A great day on Casco Bay”
Review of Sail Casco - Tours - CLOSED

Sail Casco - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail Casco provides private sailboat charters around the beautiful islands of Casco Bay and beyond. Sit back and enjoy the scenery or help sail my Island Packet 37 foot sailboat around some of the best cruising waters of the USA. Half day, full day or overnight, the choice is yours.
Reviewed October 5, 2013

This is a great way to experience coastal Maine from the sea. Your skipper/host Ian Marshall is knowledgeable and shares his skills and experiences with his comfortable 38-foot yacht. Options include a trip which concentrates on sailing or cruising around Harpswell Sound sightseeing. Highly recommended.

Reviewed September 27, 2013

In August, while my son, daughter-in-law and 10 year old grandson were visiting, we four took a half-day cruise with Capt. Ian Marshall. My son had had experience at sailing when we lived in Connecticut so it was great for him to be sailing again. It was a first-time experience for my daughter-in-law and grandson. Ian Marshall is a very experience and capable seaman and I felt completely at ease aboard his lovely sailboat. Complimentary beverages are available at any time and refeshing snacks were served mid-cruise. Capt. Marshall allowed my grandson to take the wheel, under close supervision, and he was totally thrilled. It became the very best experience of my grandson's very busy summer...better than the baseball, archery, kayaking or paddleboarding. The only negative was that we were only out for a half-day. Next year, when they come to visit, we will take a longer cruise.

2  Thank Wilma S
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with our two friends just finished our trip up the coast of Maine. As part of that trip, we decided we wanted to see the coast from another perspective. We went out with Captain Ian Marshall of Sail Casco on his beautiful sail boat. And I have to say, it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. We met Ian at the dock at noon and sailed to the first island where he took us on an very interesting hike. Then off to the second island. We docked here for the night. He prepared us a wonderful traditional Maine dinner. Then we finished off the evening sitting on the deck checking out all the stars. We woke in the morning to another wonderful meal prepared for us. Then it was time to head back. We returned around noon the next day. We all agreed that Ian was a wonderful host and shared a wealth of knowledge. Couldn't have been a better trip! Thanks Ian!!

2  Thank MBMemphis
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family visiting us from the Northwest wanted to see some of the Maine coastline, and we went out with Ian Marshall on his sailboat. The day was very hot and there was no breeze at all, so we ended up motoring instead of sailing, but we still all agreed that the trip was great and to be highly recommended. Ian is very professional, knowledgeable, and also a lot of fun to talk to. Of course Casco Bay near Harpswell is absolutely gorgeous.

See more reviews
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My 17 year old grandson and I spent a grand day with Captain Marshall, exposing my grandson to his first sailing experience.
Captain Marshall provided him with a superb introduction to sailing, learning the handling of his very impressive and comfortable Island Packet.
He was put to work from the very beginning learning to steer a course, hoisting and trimming the sails and learning the theory and practice of sail handling and manning the wheel to make the most of the wind.
Captain Marshall provided us with running commentary on the surrounding shores, fauna, and seaway enroute through the navigation buoys from his anchorage, south through Harpswell and Merriconeag Sounds to Casco Bay.
We picked up a mooring to relax and enjoy a snack for lunch before casting off and enjoying a fine breeze, sailing in Casco Bay and then north again back to his dock, exploring all points of sail, tacking and jibing.
Captain Marshall's obvious sailing knowledge and friendly presence throughout the day contributed to an outstanding and instructive day for us both.

2  Thank billmonroe1