“Wonderful day on the water!”
Review of Sail Casco - Tours - CLOSED

Sail Casco - Tours
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail Casco provides private sailboat charters around the beautiful islands of Casco Bay and beyond. Sit back and enjoy the scenery or help sail my Island Packet 37 foot sailboat around some of the best cruising waters of the USA. Half day, full day or overnight, the choice is yours.
Harpswell, Maine
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Wonderful day on the water!”
Reviewed September 27, 2013

In August, while my son, daughter-in-law and 10 year old grandson were visiting, we four took a half-day cruise with Capt. Ian Marshall. My son had had experience at sailing when we lived in Connecticut so it was great for him to be sailing again. It was a first-time experience for my daughter-in-law and grandson. Ian Marshall is a very experience and capable seaman and I felt completely at ease aboard his lovely sailboat. Complimentary beverages are available at any time and refeshing snacks were served mid-cruise. Capt. Marshall allowed my grandson to take the wheel, under close supervision, and he was totally thrilled. It became the very best experience of my grandson's very busy summer...better than the baseball, archery, kayaking or paddleboarding. The only negative was that we were only out for a half-day. Next year, when they come to visit, we will take a longer cruise.

Visited August 2013
2 Thank Wilma S

Memphis, Tennessee
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“The highlight of our trip!”
Reviewed September 8, 2013

My husband and I, along with our two friends just finished our trip up the coast of Maine. As part of that trip, we decided we wanted to see the coast from another perspective. We went out with Captain Ian Marshall of Sail Casco on his beautiful sail boat. And I have to say, it was definitely one of the highlights of our trip. We met Ian at the dock at noon and sailed to the first island where he took us on an very interesting hike. Then off to the second island. We docked here for the night. He prepared us a wonderful traditional Maine dinner. Then we finished off the evening sitting on the deck checking out all the stars. We woke in the morning to another wonderful meal prepared for us. Then it was time to head back. We returned around noon the next day. We all agreed that Ian was a wonderful host and shared a wealth of knowledge. Couldn't have been a better trip! Thanks Ian!!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank MBMemphis
Olympia, Washington
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Very enjoyable; Ian is great”
Reviewed July 19, 2013

Our family visiting us from the Northwest wanted to see some of the Maine coastline, and we went out with Ian Marshall on his sailboat. The day was very hot and there was no breeze at all, so we ended up motoring instead of sailing, but we still all agreed that the trip was great and to be highly recommended. Ian is very professional, knowledgeable, and also a lot of fun to talk to. Of course Casco Bay near Harpswell is absolutely gorgeous.

Visited July 2013
Harpswell, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Superb first experience with fine sailing.”
Reviewed June 22, 2013

My 17 year old grandson and I spent a grand day with Captain Marshall, exposing my grandson to his first sailing experience.
Captain Marshall provided him with a superb introduction to sailing, learning the handling of his very impressive and comfortable Island Packet.
He was put to work from the very beginning learning to steer a course, hoisting and trimming the sails and learning the theory and practice of sail handling and manning the wheel to make the most of the wind.
Captain Marshall provided us with running commentary on the surrounding shores, fauna, and seaway enroute through the navigation buoys from his anchorage, south through Harpswell and Merriconeag Sounds to Casco Bay.
We picked up a mooring to relax and enjoy a snack for lunch before casting off and enjoying a fine breeze, sailing in Casco Bay and then north again back to his dock, exploring all points of sail, tacking and jibing.
Captain Marshall's obvious sailing knowledge and friendly presence throughout the day contributed to an outstanding and instructive day for us both.

Visited June 2013
2 Thank billmonroe1
Richfield, Minnesota, United States
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Ian was the best - GREAT experience!”
Reviewed November 27, 2012

Sailing with Ian is a must-do during a visit to Maine, what an incredible afternoon! Ian was a fantastic captain and we enjoyed every minute of our time with him. We met him at his house and quickly got onto the sail boat. We went through a safety briefing and started to move past all of the lobster bouyes to open water. Ian was able to share everything from the how-to’s of sailing to fun Maine lobstering facts. This would be a fantastic experience for a family of all ages. My husband and I sail during every trip (Caribbean, San Francisco, Seattle, New York City and more) and our afternoon with Ian was top notch!

Visited September 2012