“Wonderful restaurant”

Ranked #2 of 16 Restaurants in Harpswell
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: I have photos available. Their specialty is fish chowder.
Courtice, Canada
“Wonderful restaurant”
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Beautiful restaurant overlooking the sea; great seafood; very nice and bright atmosphere with windows all the way around. You can watch the boats go by as you enjoy your meal. Highly recommend.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank CanadianGirl046

Oquossoc
“New place....great food...great service....spectacular view”
Reviewed October 12, 2012

We've been to the Dolphin many times over the years when we lived in Brunswick....now living in Western Maine, we dicided to take a trip out the peninsula with my brother and his wife. We were surprised with the "new building", but found it VERY nice....the service was excellent and the food was outstanding. Ordered the scallop dinner (asked how many scallops to expect, was told 5-6 and when the plate came out there were 9!!)...the coleslaw was excellent....we left very satisified with our visit...highly recommend.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank RangeleyCruiser
Michigan
“My New Favorite Seafood Restaurant”
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Fish chowder to die for. This place is for real! We ate there twice and everything we had was excellent--but the chowder--oh, Lord, the chowder. . .It's worth a trip just to eat here! I've eaten at a lot of seafood restaurants and this is one of the very best.

Visited September 2012
1 Thank BMCMichigan
Tampa, Florida
“Disappointing on this Visit”
Reviewed October 5, 2012

This was my second visit this year. While there in June I enjoyed it so much that I wanted to make sure my friends from Rhode Island were able to enjoy the restaurant as much as I did. Not so, and what a shame! We drove about 45 miles one way to get to the Dolphin!

We went yesterday, Thursday, October 4, 2012. It is a scenic drive and the view is wonderful, even when it's cloudy and raining. But---we ordered fried clams for starters, as I was spooning tarter sauce on to my plate an long hair came out on my spoon. We flagged down a passing waitress and gave it to her, no apology, in a few minutes our waitress came out with a new tarter sauce, no apology. OK, maybe she doesn't know she should at least say sorry. When she brought our entrees she accidently poured cocktail sauce on one of our guests in three places, two on his pants and one down his back. She did say she was sorry this time and grabbed a napkin and handed it to him, and went on serving the other guests. She did bring each of us a lovely blueberry muffin, no matter what we had ordered.

When she brought our checks I looked at mine and thought how nice, she took the clams off, but she hadn't, my friends had ask that they be put on their check, and they were. The couple who had the cocktail sauce poured on the husband full price. No apology and nothing off the check, she never acknowledged that she had even done that again. Everyone else in our party, there were 7 of us, had a nice meal, we all did, truthfully.

Where I'm from you at least get an apology if a hair is found in your food, or if something is spilled on a guest, and usually a manager comes over
and apologizes too. The food was good, but the service lacked, alot!

Penny
Tampa, Florida

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank boomer1dog
Boston, Massachusetts
“Chowder + a view”
Reviewed October 1, 2012

Location:
At the end of a scenic drive down a windy scenic road in Harpswell, and the view does not get much better than this.

What I ate:
The fish chowder, crab cakes and Bloody Mary. As mentioned in previous reviews, the chowder is served with a genius-inspired warm blueberry muffin. I die. Also enjoyed some fried clams, though they were slightly heavily-breaded for my taste.

Room for Improvement:
While a beautiful building, the new restaurant lacked the Maine charm that I love so dearly. We were sat in the dining room which felt like it could have been a hotel restaurant. We improved our situation when we asked to sit at the bar instead--great review of the water, and a more informal environment for enjoying our chow, and with great service.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank afaltin02129