Best rate around on short notice and during peak season. I think I paid $80/night on three days notice in the middle of August. You can't beat that...
On arrival, check-in was seamless. I was a late arrival (as I usually am) - be aware the office closes at 10pm so call ahead if you'll arrive later.
The room was...a room. It smelled rank. It was like a mix between dirty dog and cigarette (non-smoking room). The carpet was gross. The comforter on the bed was questionable. The sheets and pillow cases smelled like bleach - a plus. The adjoining room door looked as though someone had attempted to break through it at some point (yikes!) and the toilet in the bathroom didn't flush with much vigor (actually required on more than one occasion some fiddling with tank innards to get some simple toilet paper down).
The cars in the parking lot were mostly out of state newer-model cars which to me was a plus. It didn't seem to be a hang out for low life locals. It seemed more like a place to sleep at night for the budget weary traveler. All in all my experience was "meh" and I'd probably spend a few extra dollars to stay somewhere else given the option again. But...I really doubt you'll get murdered or a communicable disease here.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- White Birches Motel, conveniently located at the crossroads of Acadia National Park, Bar Harbor and Downeast Maine, offers clean and affordable accommodations. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your White Birches Motel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Acadia Birches Knights Inn Ellsworth/Bar Harbor Hotel Hancock
- White Birches Country Hotel
- White Birches Motel Maine/Hancock