“Definitely in our top 10 meals”

The Crocker House Country Inn
Ranked #2 of 11 Restaurants in Hancock
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Gainesville, Florida, United States
“Definitely in our top 10 meals”
Reviewed August 21, 2014

I don't normally write reviews, but we can't stop thinking about this restaurant now that vacation is over. This is a restaurant in a charming B & B, open to the public for dinner only. We had scallops, steak, lamb, and pork and each meal was prepared perfectly -- melt-in-your-mouth delicious. The portions were almost TOO big, so if you eat here, be prepared to take some home. We highly recommend this restaurant.

Falmouth, Maine
“Best Meal Out All Summer!”
Reviewed August 18, 2014

We made a reservation for 7:00pm. Arrived at 7:05 and were seated by 7:06!
This was our first time for dinner at the Crocker House, though it's been recommended that we come here for years. We have a short summer here in the area each year, so we often return to our favorites, but so glad we ventured to Hancock for dinner! Let's cut to the chase: The filet mignon and the roasted rack of lamb were both succulent. My filet was 9oz and smothered in wild mushrooms. I wasn't able to eat it all, and the rack had 9 pieces of lamb with lots of garlic and other seasonings. Our mixed fresh local vegetables were cooked to perfection, and ask for the potatoes dauphinois, I want this recipe! We were too full for dessert, but ordered a blueberry cheesecake to go since we knew this would follow suit in quality. I'm looking forward to a new tradition of returning here for years to come!
Critical feedback: We did not see our waiter much. He dropped off food and was gone. We flagged other waitstaff for additional wine, which were most accommodating, but we didn't feel he was very attentive. The kitchen made up for the somewhat slow service, so we will go again and hope that Crocker House reads the reviews to strive for perfection, as they are damn close!

Coastal Maine, United States
“Amazing oyster appetizers, excellent food and service!”
Reviewed August 10, 2014

Anniversary trek #42, 2.5 hours "downeast" from us.
Rarely go for oysters unless fresh on the half shell. The Oysters Rockefeller at Crocker House changed my tune. Piping hot with perfect blanket of spinach, hollandaise and just discernible Pernod kissing briny fresh oysters. Never had better.
Followed them with same oysters fresh on half shell, sourced from Spinney Creek in Southern Maine. Plump, fresh, briny, perfect.
Nine ounces of beef seemed daunting and chef, owner graciously split an order of Filet au Poivre with sauce Espagnole & cream for us with our own salads and sides of fresh local veggies and potatoes Dauphinoise...oh my.
Really friendly, attentive servers.
Spacious, comfortable room in the adjoining carriage house. Slightly worn appearance, but it did not detract from our stay.
I hope we return before another 42!

Bristol Connecticut USA
“Good, but for the money, didn't blow me away”
Reviewed August 5, 2014

The inn comes up as best in the area and was recommended by a friend. So we gave it a try for our anniversary while on vacation with our daughter and son in law. We were a bit sticker shocked when we opened the menu but it was a special occasion, we expected greatness. Sorry to say it was good but not that good. Portions were large and compensated somewhat for the capable but unimaginative work in the kitchen. All good but just not the "lick your plate" level I expected for the money. Entrees with salad all around $35.00 which they don't advertise. As a matter a fact the salad was the only exceptional thing, extremely fresh mixed greens with grapes and a nice dressing, scarfed that up.

2 Thank RickyRight2013
Suburban Chicago
“Really Nice”
Reviewed July 15, 2014

This restaurant was very close to our rental so we went twice. The food was very well prepared both times, my wife didn't like the scallops in tomatoes with garlic, the scallops were great, she just didn't like the recipe. My son had the seafood pasta both times and it is incredible, as was the seafood chowder the first night. Their menu changes daily so the chowder wasn't available the second time we went, too bad, it is amazing. I had rib eye the first time and it was really good, the second time I chose the duck, it was very good and the sauce was outstanding. If you try The Crocker House, do opt for the potatoes, the rice is good but the potatoes are really, really good.

Visited July 2014