“good food, very high prices”

McLaughlins at the Marina
Ranked #2 of 15 Restaurants in Hampden
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Kids, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Lexington, Kentucky
“good food, very high prices”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 10, 2013

The food was good, I'll say that for sure. However, they get you at the end when they stick you for soda refills, which they never warn you are not free. We were directed here by the visitor center staff at the airport and were told it was more budget friendly; however, our 2 person meal was about 75.00 with only one alcoholic drink in there. 10 bucks of that was just soda refills. I think it's just plain unprofessional to do that to your guests and for that reason I would not ever recommend this place.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Michelle H

Sterling Heights, Michigan
“Nasty, no customer service”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

We made reservations for a family reunion of 12 two weeks prior and confirmed the day before, and
Upon our arrival we were told there was an another party of 12 that replaced our reservation of 12. The manager or owner was extremely rude to us and refused to try to accommodate our party much to all of our disappointment. Almost all of us were from out of state and always heard such good things about the people in main, but she was hopefully the exception.

• Visited June 2013
4 Thank S C
Oak Ridge, Tn
“Great Lobster With A View”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2013

My first visit to a seaside Lobster Shack, McLaughlins had great prices, big beautiful fresh lobster, and a wonderful outdoor dining area where you can view the harbor, watch the ships passing, the nearby ferry loading and unloading passengers, and watch the beautiful Maine scenery.

I ordered one of the larger lobsters (sold by weight) since I was celebrating my first Maine lobster while I was actually in Maine. Can't get any fresher than that, can you? The lobster was served with corn on the cob and a piece of cornbread, and drawn butter. Sitting at an outdoor picnic table beneath a canopy, I savored each bite of the freshest, tastiest lobster I've ever had.

In addition to lobster, McLaughlin's also offers lobster rolls, lobster bisque, lobster chowder, as well as fresh sandwiches and other great items. Wonderful food with a beautiful view from a very friendly staff!

• Visited September 2012
“Best lobster roles in Maine”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2012 via mobile

This place is a must if you want the best lobster roles in Maine ( no mayonnaise filler here I can tell you. The staff is efficient ,friendly and very personable. Try it for sure.

Maine
“Best place to dine in the Bangor Area”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2012

Everyone is talking about this place. What is not to like an outstanding view, great atmosphere, excellent menu and the best service staff. I eat here at least once or twice a week. I have been at the restaurant on many occasions and here other dinners saying what an enjoyable experience.
The owners go above and beyond to make sure each guest has a wonderful experience. This is the place to go if you want the best seafood and they have many other tasty items on the menu. They have a great bar service to compliment the menu. Thanks for a great place to dine.

• Visited October 2012