“Great Chinese Restaurant and no MSG!”

Lucky Garden Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 24 Restaurants in Hallowell
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed January 17, 2012

My husband and I go here frequently. They also have take-out which we also do. Their Sesame Chicken is the best we have ever had. Their luncheon buffet is excellent and the price is very reasonable. If you don't have much time for lunch this is the perfect place to go. A hugh plus for me is the fact they use no MSG.

1  Thank Hacheta

Reviewed December 29, 2011

The Sesame Chicken is the best ever!! All other food is good, as is the buffet, which is not extremely large, but very tasty. Their crab rangoons, egg roll, egg foo yong, and all veggies are wonderful!! Many friends and family visit this restaurant often. The staff is very friendly and accommodating.

Mixed drinks are excellent!!!

1  Thank JWP77
Reviewed December 13, 2011

I discovered the Lucky Garden a year ago and am simply delighted to have an excellent Chinese restaurant very close to where we live. The menu is expansive, the service wonderful and the quality of the food is "second to none". The portions are quite generous as well, but it is the freshness of the vegetables and the non-greasy sauces that really appeal to me. Jack, the owner, is such a delightful person and always greets me and remembers what I always order. Its location affords you a beautiful view of the river as well. If you enjoy fine Chinese cuisine, you will not be disappointed.

2  Thank Mary C
Reviewed November 17, 2011

Lucky Garden is our favorite restaurant. The lunch buffet is affordable for our family, the staff is consistently welcoming and accommodating and the food is great. The buffet usually consists of: hot & sour soup, pork fried rice, general tso's chicken, pork dumplings, chicken wings, crab rangoon, spring rolls, broccoli and/or green bean stir fry, noodles, deep fried 'donuts' and 2 other dishes that usually involve a mix of chicken or pork and veggies. For a family of 4, buffet (with free tea and water) totals under $30. They also have a bar and regular menu options, as well as vegetarian options.

1  Thank Lotusbud67
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Massachusetts
Reviewed April 22, 2009

Definately one of the best in the area. I like that I don't feel ill after I eat a full plate...or two, of their food. The food is not greasy as with most others. And they have crab rangoons, one of my favorites!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook