Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center
$139
$149
Hotels.com
$84
Axell's Scandinavian Inn(Manchester)(Great Value!)
$110
$95
Travelocity
$117
$111
$125
$102
$70
All reviewssolar panelsmaple hill farmthe barnhot tub and saunafull baraugusta mainebreakfast was deliciousblueberry pancakesbusiness travelwedding weekendfront porchfrench toastbaked goodsthought of everythingour room was spaciouscommon areasnew england
Reviewed October 31, 2012

Hands Down, Maple Hills Farm Bed and Breakfast is my favorite choice for overnight lodging for Augusta and its neighboring communities in Maine. After several visits to the area through the years, with stays in Augusta, Waterville, and Portland, I knew I had finally found the perfect "Home Base" that would, in fact, exceed my hopes and expectations. What a refreshing break from the typical. The Farm with llamas, sheep, goat and chickens is endearing. The Farm House is a lovely reminder or simpler times. The made-to-order breakfast is undeniably the best I have ever had: multi-grain or traditional, wild Maine blueberry pancakes, baked maple bacon, fresh eggs from the Farm's chickens, etc, etc. served in the dining room which affords a pastoral view of the farm and on occasion, its livestock. Scott and Vince were the perfect hosts: welcoming, gracious, accommodating, a true representation of what hospitality should be. I especially appreciate the investment and efforts that have been made to make Maple Hills Farm Inn a leader in energy-efficiency with the addition of solar panels and a wind turbine. This was my second stay and no doubt, not by any means, the last for this Traveler from California. Thank you Scott and
Vince for a truly enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank TravelMew
Reviewed October 17, 2012

Was looking for a cozy weekend get-away for my dairy farmer husband and myself. Maple Hill Farm in Hallowell, just outside of Augusta Maine was perfect. The room was beautiful and very cozy with the electric fireplace, double whirlpool tub and whole decor. We arrived a little early but our room was ready. We were shown around and told to help ourselves to the homemade goodies on the counter and in the frig. My husband loved the chocolate chip cookies! Scott and Vince were very attentive and personable. Breakfast was delicious. We would recommend this B&B to our friends!! Hope I can steal my husband away again in the future so we can go back!!

1  Thank Karen S
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Scott & Vince were not only gracious & hospitable, but went beyond to make certain their guests' needs were met. We arrived late, luckily for us, they had a last minute cancellation, and since we were rather spontaneous on this adventure, we lucked out, to say the least. We were welcomed with the B&B guests sitting about the cozy bar like (if you will) setting, chatting about their travels & lives, some watching TV enjoying a cup of hot tea on a cool nite, or a tasty & unique beer which my husband loved, wonderful muffins, cake or quiche, (and this is way after the dinner time, this was just evening snack food made available to any of us, and was it ever yummy). I am currently challenged with a frozen shoulder and they just happened to have a hot tub, (happy gal was I) out side in the fresh air under the stars, did I luck out or what, with complimental use of comfortable, cozy robes for our use while there. The grounds are lovely, colorful & well maintained, the animals charming and the gentlemen so accommodating. The following morning they had a conference scheduled on the grounds, quite an impressive production, nothing seemed to have been missed, everything ran smoothly according to plan. Thank you gentlemen!
On our exit Scott helped with maps & route suggestions. We were enroute to the coast of Maine, and it was indeed a charming route. We will be back & will recommend this place to our connections headed East. Thank you again, this was such a lovely experience, finding Autumn in New England...

Doris & Frank

Room Tip: We love the experience & sense of community when we stay in a B & B, it is more personal and we always meet the most wonderful people from all over the world. It was quiet and comfortable for us where ever we were in the house.
1  Thank doris s
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Beautiful farm, not too far from Augusta, Maine, and while it was quaint, it was also clean and up to date. We were there for a friend's wedding, and every detail was perfect. The breakfast is a must!

Reviewed October 7, 2012

Our friends had their wedding reception at the Maple Hill Farm, and encouraged members of the wedding party to stay at Maple Hill Farm. There were some great points about the property and a few problems. Here was my experience

Staff: The owners were very pleasant at check in and while showing us the property and explaining amenities. There were several difficulties, as I explained in the "Problems" section.

Property: Beautiful Inn, with Llama farm and wild turkey flock on the property. Several rooms had in-room whirlpool. Additionally, the outdoors hot tub was well-maintained and comfortably seated 6 adults.

Amenities: On-site breakfast room with snacks and coffee available 24/7. Only local channels available on the TV, no cable. In-room DVD player with free movie rental at the front desk. Gas fireplace in our room. Library/Reading room with lots of books available to borrow.

Problems: Ourselves and two other couples stayed in 3 ajoining rooms. Each room had a unique bug problem (ladybugs, grasshoppers and flies). When we were shown our room, the proprietor did not seem to notice the multiple lady bugs and flies circling the main lighting fixture inside the bedroom. That made me curious about the cleaning staff, but it had been a long day of and we decided to get some rest and hope that housekeeping would eliminate the bugs when they checked in on the room. I do not believe that housekeeping attended to our rooms because at 2pm the next day, and after after eliminating 5 insects myself, I brought my concerns (very politely) to the attention of the proprietor. He said that he would fix the problem. Six hours later, when I dropped a few wedding related items in the room, the bugs were still circling our light. I understand that it was a busy day on the property, however, when I asked again about when the situation would be resolved, he responded rather shortly "at some time before midnight." To his credit, the bugs were removed from our room before 11:00pm, however I did not appreciate being made to feel like my concern was such an inconvenience.

Also, the wedding reception ended at 10pm. Our wedding party had rented out the entire hotel, and there were no other guests in the inn. We asked if several members of the wedding party could stay and socialize in one of the hotel rooms after the reception ended, because the Inn was booked and they were staying at another hotel 15+ minutes away. The staff quickly told us that unregistered guests could not stay at the Inn after the reception, even if a registered guest invited them to visit their suite after the reception. When another member of the wedding party asked why, we were told that this was not in the contract. While I understand these concerns, most hotels and inns permit registered guests to bring unregistered guests into their rooms during their stay, so long as the unregistered guest does not stay overnight. Our group made it very clear that no one would be staying overnight, that we were basically going to talk, eat more wedding cake and socialize (not out-of-control partying by any means), but this was not permitted and was an unexpected disappointment.

Price: we paid $371 (tax included) for a 2-night, Friday-Saturday stay. For that amount of money, I'd appreciate an insect-free stay.

3  Thank Lavalamp316
Scott C, Owner at Maple Hill Farm Inn and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a comprehensive and thoughtful review of your stay, and we take all feedback very seriously.

We’re sorry that it appeared that your television appeared to only receive local channels. We do have a full-range of cable television channels in each guest room and we were not aware of this problem during your stay. We have checked each guest room and they all receive a full spectrum of channels. We encourage guests to come to us with problems like this at any time so that we can attempt to fix it right away.

Our housekeeping staff takes great pride in their cleaning, and we are sorry to hear that you had some insects in your room. There is a week or so each year when the weather changes in the fall, and ladybugs (and the occasional fly) sometimes enter the original 1906 farmhouse, and they sneak by our attentive staff. We do not use insecticides in the guest rooms because we have many guests with chemical sensitivities, and we instead prefer to follow very thorough housekeeping practices. We have never seen a grasshopper in a guest room, but since all the guest rooms in the area of the house where you stayed have doors directly to the outside decks and stairways to the outdoor hot tub, it is possible one hopped inside when these doors were opened. We did go to the room to vacuum up any bugs that we were made aware of, and our housekeepers also remove any bugs they may find in the room during their daily cleaning. If we made you feel inconvenienced, we sincerely apologize and we will remind our staff that every concern of each guest is very important, even during a busy wedding reception.

We regret that you were disappointed that wedding guests could not go to the guest rooms after the six-hour wedding reception concluded at 10 pm. We do have a policy that is clearly stated in the contract for each wedding that only registered guests are allowed at the inn upon the conclusion of the wedding reception. This policy does not apply earlier in the day, and there are often visitors to the guest rooms throughout the day when there is a wedding reception at the Inn, but we carefully discuss with each wedding couple that only guests may stay at the inn upon the conclusion of the wedding reception. While we didn’t always have this policy, we have unfortunately had several bad experiences, including one non-guest injury at the inn after some post-reception partying in the guest rooms. The intimate 8-bedroom bed and breakfast lodging at our property is historic, and many of the antique furnishings and finishes do not lend themselves to group partying in the guest rooms. We provide areas for festive group gatherings, such as where the wedding reception was held, and we try to maintain our guestrooms as comfortable and relaxing spaces for our inn guests.

Thank you again for bringing your concerns to our attention, and we hope you’ll bring any concerns to us during any future stay so that we can address them to your satisfaction at that time. We regret that your stay did not provide you total satisfaction, and we will do what is necessary to make your next stay totally trouble-free, insect-free, and enjoyable.

Scott Cowger, Owner-Innkeeper