We stayed at the Lodge during Memorial Day weekend and it was wonderful. We arrived not knowing what to expect since it was pretty early in the season. We had been warned that not a lot of things were open since it was the first "real weekend" of the season. We were in for a treat.
We stayed in the Allagash Suite and were immediately impressed by the decor, the amenities and the details. Linda checked us in and gave us a tour and explanation of the room. The bed hung on giant logging chains so we had the option to "swing" or not. The bathroom was huge and luxurious and I could live in the jacuzzi tub. But then we looked out our window and saw the view. Absolutely breathtaking. We even had a hummingbird or two to keep us company. Everything was done with Moosehead Lake and surrounding mountains as the focal point. We could wake up to that view everyday and never get tired of it.
The main house was warm and inviting and totally keeping with the theme of the area - Moose! That was the reason we came and we weren't disappointed. We took a Moose Safari (booked through the Lodge) and had a very fun, exciting and successful adventure, seeing many moose, some very close and some not so, a great big beaver dam, and lodge, birds and lots of beautiful nature. Our gude Ed and his wife were terrific, knowing exactly where to find moose and telling wonderful stories. It was totally worth waking up at 5 am to see all the moose and the yearling moose.
We only had one warm breakfast (the first was a satisfying box meal given to us for the Safari) and it was terrific. The food, the atmosphere and Chloe - the lodge French Bulldog, made for a terrific start to our day. There were always cookies and drinks in the pantry and sweet chocolate treats in the different rooms in the main house. One of the nicest things is no sooner then had we returned from our Safari, but our picture was on the digital photo frame in the library. It made us feel welcome and at home.
The only negatives we found were that since it was so very early in the season, not everything was open in town and the restaurant and pub at the lodge were not open. We had read terrific things about the restaurant and were disappointed, but we also avoided the crowds and got a real feel for the people of the town. We ate at the Black Frog when the barge opened for the first day of the season and that was fun. Make sure to eat there and read the entire menu, it is great. We even had the treat of sharing the "Skinny Dip" sandwich experience with some of the townspeople and it made for a funny memory. Even though the town was not 100% open for tourist, there were no crowds, plenty of moose and wonderful hospitality wherever we went. I also recommend a relaxing drink and sandwich at the Stress-free Moose in town. Its a great way to start your Moosehead Lake experience.
Our intention was to get to Moosehead Lake and see some of its most famous locals, the moose and stay at a lovely bed and breakfast. What we didn't expect was to be embraced by such luxury, warmth and kindness, up in the woods of Maine. I can't stop recommending the Lodge at Moosehead Lake to anyone who will listen. It is romance, elegance and natural beauty tucked away in the woods. For anyone who loves nature, outdoor activities, tranquility, romantic sunsets, candlelit jacuzzis for 2, oh and don't forget the MOOSE, the Lodge at Moosehead Lake is for you. We can't wait to get back up to Greenville and see Linda, Dennis and Chloe again!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy breathtaking lake and mountain views at our romantic Greenville, Maine inn. Relax in masterfully decorated rooms and suites at our Moosehead Lake lodging with Jacuzzis, fireplaces, private decks, and luxurious linens and robes. Sit back in our pub with full bar and games, or enjoy our complimentary snacks, DVD library and Wi-Fi. Don't miss out on unforgettable breakfasts and sumptuous weekend dinners at this Moosehead Lake adventure lodge. Activities galore - many exclusive to the Lodge at Moosehead, a Select Registry Property. AAA 4 Diamond. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Orbitz and Booking.com so you can book your Lodge at Moosehead Lake reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Hotel Greenville
- Moosehead Lake Hotel
- Lodge At Moosehead Lake Maine/Greenville