“pleasant”

Ranked #2 of 5 Greenville B&B and Inns
IND
“pleasant”
Reviewed June 24, 2010

We were a bit leary staying at the Greenville Inn because of the previous reviews but found it very pleasant. We found the innkeepers friendly and easy to talk to. We enjoyed our stay and the breakfast was delicious

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank gogramy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
Bangor, Maine
Reviewed October 15, 2009

My wife and I will never visit this Inn again. We were treated in the most disrespectful manner.

I would suggest the Blair Hill Inn and the Lodge at Moosehead Lake where we also visited and were treated like kings and queens.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled with family
5 Thank GeorgeII
Boston
Reviewed August 31, 2009

My wife and I had a wedding in Greenville and some of my family stayed at the Greenville Inn. Since we had the master suite, the wedding party decided to get dressed for the wedding here... which was a big mistake. The owner of the hotel was a complete jerk to our guests and hassled everyone none stop. We were there for a total of 30 minutes getting ready and received nothing but grief. It was really unbelieved how unprofessional these people were. They actually made some of the groomsmen move their cars out of the parking lot... which had about 20 open spaces and we had only 3 cars! They went out of there way to be horrible hosts.

On the flip side we did photos at the Blair Hill in which was completely opposite the Greenville Inn. These people were awesome.. even bringing drinks out for everyone since it was so hot.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
10 Thank george138
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed August 12, 2008

I am surprised by some of the bad reviews on this site; we stayed there two nights in early August 2008 and had a wonderful time. The owners were very accommodating (I think we changed dinner reservations three times, without complaint), the room was comfortable (no problems with the bed, as others reviewers have noted), and the common areas of the inn were inviting and cozy. It's a short walk to the few downtown restaurants and shops. The owners also gave us good suggestions on dining and other local activities. I think we paid $199 for an interior room; that seems about right in comparison to other comparable inns in Greenville. Dinner is a bit of a splurge but we thought the food and service were both excellent.

• Liked — Common areas and host
  • Stayed August 2008, traveled as a couple
6 Thank templeheels
Indiana
Reviewed July 23, 2008

As a family of five we take trips as often as possible. So far we have been to many luxurious places.

This vacation we stayed a week at the Greenville Inn, June 2008. It has been by far the best experience we have ever had out of all of our trips.

The accommodations were outstanding. Really enjoyed the way the staff spoiled us. They made us feel at home, especially the fine dining which was exquisite.

Looking forward to going back again.

• Liked — The Food
  • Stayed June 2008, traveled with family
3 Thank JoyAnnIndiana
New York Mills, NY
Reviewed July 22, 2008

I had never been to Maine until a buddy of mine suggested I visit Moosehead Lake. I was so surprised to find such a great vacation spot in the woods of Maine. I am so happy I decided to stay at The Greenville Inn, it was definitely a five star inn that made my 5 star vacation. My room in the Inn was awesome and the company (owners Jeff & Terrie) was great! We saw 4 moose on a safari trip, took a plane ride over the lake and ate some delicious food at the Greenville Inn's restaurant. This may have been my first time, but will not be my last trip to Maine & the Greenville inn. Thanks for an awesome time!!

• Liked — superior accompdations
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled as a couple
2 Thank chuckj1970
Georgia
Reviewed July 20, 2008

The Greenville Inn at Moosehead Lake is not a good value in the opinion of my wife and I who have been doing the B&B thing for over 10 years.

Our room was so small we were extremely cramped with two suitcases. The bed, queen size, was not very comfortable. Breakfast consisted of buffet of pancakes or french toast and sausage and fruit. There was also a cereal selection but nothing special as far as preparation is concerned. No afternoon snacks or refreshments. We had to ask for a bottle of water.

And it does get hot and humid in July in Greenville, Maine. No air conditioning to combat the heat and humidity.

Also the Inn states (or warns) in its written policy that your room will be inventoried at the time of your departure. I do not need to steal their belongings and would not anyway since I am an honest man. Just something I thought was inappropriate.

• Liked — The partial view of Moosehead Lake
  • Disliked — The room. Extremely small, cramped.
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
2 Thank GeogiaDawg
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Lodge at Moosehead Lake
#2 of 2 in West Forks
Lake Parlin Lodge & Cabins
Lake Parlin Lodge & Cabins
#1 of 1 in Parlin Pond

Been to Greenville Inn at Moosehead Lake? Share your experiences!