“Rod and reel, what a deal, it's the best”
Review of Rod-N-Reel Cafe

Rod-N-Reel Cafe
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Greenville
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: Two story white building located in Downtown Greenville, across the street from beautiful Moosehead Lake. Small family owned and operated restaurant. Featuring a large menu, full bar, craft beer and a large wine menu. We specialize in fresh baked and fried seafood, Ray's Famous Prime Rib, home made spaghetti sauce, Vegan Spaghetti sauce, hand cut steaks, chicken fingers, soups, chowder, crispy salads and desserts. We have a lighter side menu for people with smaller appetites and a children's menu for kids 10 and under.
Reviewed September 1, 2014

I love this place, the food and service are always the best. The raspberry cosmos can not be beat. The fish is the freshest and Ray's roast beef is to die for.

1  Thank Susan S

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Had a great lunch at the Café. Good service and great food for a good price. The Wife had the Haddock sandwich and it was fresh and very good. I had the Rueben and it was good as well. Plan on eating here again while we are in Greenville.

Reviewed August 31, 2014

Great food, great atmosphere and reasonable prices.
Prime rib special was dynamite!
Child friendly- great with young kids, had coloring books and brought their food early.
Must try!!

Reviewed August 30, 2014

I hate not saying it was one of the best meals I ever had in a restaurant, but I'm a food freak and have eaten at some amazing places. But for the money Rod and Reel was superb. Our waitress as excellent. The breaded scallops were excellent, the prime rib same. Boston Creme pie excellent. Highly recommend it.

1  Thank Tim W
Reviewed August 30, 2014

Every year in Greenville, Maine on our way to a more remote house on Moosehead Lake we plan to eat at least once, usually more frequently at the Rod and Reel. The owners, Karen and Roy are on site every time we have been there. The "fish and chips" are perfect: so fresh the fish is practically still wriggling when it comes to your table. The best part, no heavy batter, just a dusting of flour. I LOVE the scallops. And on the weekend you can get Prime Rib that is as good as any I have ever had in larger, fancier and pricier places. We don't drink, but they do serve liquor...and they have lighter items like a nice haddock sandwich, or burger. And I don't know what they do to make their mashed potatoes (I think they just mash 'em up with butter) and their side of carrots, but SOMETHING make them the best potatoes and carrots I eat all year...OK, it might be the view of Moosehead Lake out the front window.....We love this place, and I think this year was our 9th to eat here. And make sure to reserve your piece of Bumbleberry Pie, because if there are only 3 slices left, and 4 people at your table, friendships WILL be on the line.

2  Thank pioneermomX2