“Best Place for nature & relaxtion!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Greenville
Casey's Spencer Bay Camps
Reviewed June 17, 2009

Spencer Bay Camps is a campground / hunting camp that is very remote. The campground is very clean and simple and quiet. It is the type of campround where you
appreciate the peaceful beauty of nature. Owners Casey and Sara are very warm
and friendly and work extremely hard are running a quiet & peaceful camp. This
place is not for people looking for entertainment & activies.
My favorite campground!!!

• Stayed: August 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sulri

Reviewed October 10, 2008

fabulous location for campsites and cabins on Moosehead Lake. Could view both sunset and sunrise from campsite. Great lake fishing by wading into lake, streams nearby. Rustic location w/ electricity and hot showers for sufficient periods every day. Owner/manager helpful for several inquiries regarding on-site and community items. Could have stayed here all summer if we only had enough time! Location reasonably close to town, groceries, etc. Fishing licenses, gear firewood, etc. available on-site. Great, reasonably secluded campsites with great neighbors. Waking up to a loon call makes my day.

Stayed: August 2006
Reviewed August 7, 2008

upon arriving at the campground the new sign read under new management. I was trilled and then I saw him. I asked Sarah why the new sign and she explained that they had bad reviews and wanted to give people something to talk about. Nice huh. I thought since I was their I might as well try it again. Casey can be very rude and it is not a welcoming campground. Since we had driven hours we decided to stay. We met a lovely family a Mom and her older children and a few friends. They were packing up as we were getting on our site. We asked if they had a good time., the poor woman was beside herself. You wait 52 weeks for a vacation and this man treats you like crap and makes you feel so unwelcomed they were going home early. /apparently the people camping on the side of them told untruths about the family and Casey didn't bother seeing their side of the story and told them you haven't been here for over fifteen years and don't come back for another fifteen.He also approched me the next day and mentioned he heard my dog howling on that morning. He must have radar ears because my dog didn't even bark. Even so dogs do bark. He also asked if my dog pooped near his store and I told him no. He replied he knew it wasn't our dog and he was watching a camp site behind the store and he said I am going to get them today.Oh don't you worry I will get them today.......... I couldn't believe it after just ruining one familys vacation he was waiting to ruin another familys instead of just asking them to pick up the dogs poop.I feel as though if you cannot enjoy running a campground you should no longer be in the business. We all work hard for a nice vacation and deserve to be treated with respect and leave with a good experience not a vacation from h==l.If you want your family to have a nice wlderness experience do not go to Caseys. Unless you like to be treated with rudeness and inconsiderate hosts.

Stayed: August 2008
8  Thank denden_8
Reviewed July 11, 2008

I have to say that this campground was the best campground I have ever been to the scenery was incredible the location was awesome all of the boat rentals and canoe rentals were great Casey is a nice guy and his wife Sara was wonderful I will be going back I loved it there

Stayed: July 2008
Reviewed June 16, 2008

Casey's is a rustic campground and the fact that it has electricity and showers at all is a welcome amenity to campers who go there to enjoy the scenery and wildlife. The six mile long dirt road leading to it is located about twelve miles beyond Greenville. What would you expect? A costumed Yogi hugging children like Mickey does at Disney? It's a hunting camp that doubles as a summer campground and that's exactly the feel to it. It's for people who have gotten a blister once or twice in their lives so don't go there if you want KOA or Jellystone Park. My family of four have fond memories of the owner Casey. We thoroughly enjoyed our time there walking the trails and using it as a base to check out other places such as Kokadjo and Lazy Tom's bog for moose etc. I have albums filled with pictures of moose from up there. If that's what you want then this is the place to go. Don't expect feather beds and if you disturb other guests at night you deserve whatever you get from Casey. I have nothing bad to say about him after staying there four times.

• Stayed: July 2003, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
Reviewed September 11, 2007

The campground is secluded, quiet and somewhat primitive, just what were looking for. The location is right on Moosehead Lake and the scenery cannot be beat. Our campsite was right on the lake and surrounded by trees. The owners and staff were very friendly and helpful. Overall, an oiutstanding camping experience.

Stayed: September 2007
Reviewed September 1, 2007

WORST experience ever. Avoid this place like a plague. There are so many nice spots around. Just go some place else!

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank CobyFamily
Also consider these accommodations in or near Greenville
Gray Ghost Camps
Greenville Inn at Moosehead Lake
Lodge at Moosehead Lake
Lodge at Moosehead Lake
#3 of 5 in Greenville

Been to Casey's Spencer Bay Camps? Share your experiences!