“Best Grits in The North Country”
Review of Auntie M's

Auntie M's
Ranked #1 of 20 Restaurants in Greenville
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed April 8, 2013

After an early morning canoe trip we followed a couple we met on the lake to a local restaurant they said could not be beat for breakfast, Aunite Em's. They were so very right.
It's small and lots of tables squeezed in but we didn't have to wait. Every plate that passed by me from the kitchen looked better than the next. Eggs were scrambled plump and fluffy. Fresh wild blueberry homemade bread used for French Toast. Bacon, ham...all wonderful. And then there were the grits. I am from Alabama, home of G.R.I.T.S. (Girls Raised In The South) and I have never ever had better than in Auntie Em's in Greenville, Maine. A bowl of grits baked to perfection and with a large yellow pool of melting farm fresh butter on top. Just take my word, don't miss Auntie Em's for breakfast. Price is right, too.

Reviewed February 26, 2013

I am from Alabama and Southerners love their grits. We take pride in recipes made with these tiny little jewels of corn. However, at Aunt M's in Greenville, Maine I had absolutely the best grits I have ever had in my life. New Orleans Shrimp and Grits has nothing on the individual dishes of buttery baked grits at Aunt M's.
It's just a homestyle little cafe that was reccomended by a local. We went there for breakfast and just enjoyed every bite. The plates were filled with steaming hot wonders from the kitchen which included fresh blueberry muffins and mile high pancakes. It was certainly a real treat.
The staff and the prices are family friendly. The food is just like home....or better!

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The portions were plentiful, the staff was friendly and helpful and the food was good and reasonably priced! You can't ask for more than that!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Off season, which is long, painful and recurring for restaurants in the North Woods plays out at Auntie Ms. I've never had less than good service over eight years but the actual breakfasts on this November trip went from good to poor. I fix blame early and on this weeks journey found a a problem with the "cookers".

There were three different folks at the grill and while days 1,2,3 were as expected, day four found over easy eggs presented in wrinkles and what was supposed to have been country fried spuds where simply "busted up" french fries moved around in a grease bath on the grill. All presented on a chilled platter.

Okay, so what. The home made raisin bread toast is rightly sought after and the coffee never stops.

November-December brings opportunity for the waitresses to wrap their arms around themselves and stare pensively out the side window.

We always over tip the breakfast waitress.

We always come back.

Reviewed November 19, 2012

I spent several days in Greenville enjoying the great outdoors but every morning I had to start my day at Auntie M's for a fabulous breakfast. I observed everyone enjoying their selections but my favorite was the " Cheese & Mushroom Omelet with Oatmeal Bread Toast." I am looking forward to my next visit to Greenville and breakfast at Auntie M's.

Been to Auntie M's? Share your experiences!