“Unforgettable!!!!”

Northwoods Outfitters - Day Tours
Ranked #1 of 11 Tours in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: Northwood's Outfitters Is Maine's Premiere outfitter and guide service. We offer guided trips like Moose Watching & Wildlife Photography tours, Fishing Trips for Salmon, Trout and Bass, Guided ATV, Snowmobile Trips, Canoe, Kayak, and Rafting. Our Gear rentals include Canoes, Kayaks, Paddle boards,Camping gear, ATV's, UTV's, Snowmobiles, Bikes and more. The outfitters shop carries great outdoor brands like Patagonia, The North Face, Trek, Salomon, Wilderness systems and much more!
Useful Information: Wheelchair access, Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities, Activities for older children, Activities for young children
“Unforgettable!!!!”
Reviewed January 4, 2013

You won't have a better time anywhere else!! They setup our entire vacation. My husband and I went snow mobiling, dog sledding, and ice fishing. And we didn't have to take care of anything except showing up. They also supplied outer wear that we took complete advantage of and didn't have to drag it along. Our guides were fantastic!!! They were extremely knowledgable about the area and SAFETY was ALWAYS first. The people that work there are wonderful!!! They go out of their way to accomodate you. We also stayed in their Inn (Moose Mountain Inn) it was a beautiful location overlooking the lake Very quaint and comfortable The only thing missing was a hottub!! Lol They've become family. You definitely won't go wrong booking with Northwoods!!!! Can't wait to go back!!! Thinking about going back in the fall 2014!!! We won't book anywhere else when it comes to Maine!!

Portland, Maine
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The advice that saved our vacation...”
Reviewed September 9, 2012

My husband and I had been planning a Moosehead adventure for four years. Finally, we put it on the calendar (Labor Day weekend), packed the car with a ton of gear, and headed north. We had several ideas of what we might actually do. Armed with our Gazateer, climbing gear, a canoe, and bikes we stopped in at Northwoods Outfitters to check out the big sale and get some local advice.
Lucky for us, Patty was on the job. She listened to our ideas, pointed out the flaws that would make those trips hell like, "you'll get killed by a logging truck...the wind will be out of the north blowing 15mph...they won't allow you to bring bikes on that road" and then said, "if I were you, this is what I'd do..."
She laid out a trip for us that included all the elements we were looking for (adventure, remoteness and quiet), while allowing for choose-your-own-adventure possibilities.
We left our bikes at Lily Bay, drove up to Jewett Cove, left our car and launched from there, canoed around Spensor Bay (which is SPECTACULAR - no boats, no lights, no people, no bugs), camped on and climbed Kineo, canoed back to the bikes, then road 10 miles back to the car. We were able to work with and be protected from the wind (which did blow like crazy).
We went back to thank Patty on Monday and she was happy to hear the report. Icing on the cake? My husband walked away from the store with the winter, mountaineering boots he's been wanting for years for $35!
Don't venture into the Moosehead area without checking in with these knowledgeable folks first...it might just save your vacation.
Thanks, Patty!

Visited September 2012
1 Thank Emilia D
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“THE place to rent ATV's in Greenville!!”
Reviewed September 6, 2012 via mobile

We spend a lot of time in Greenville during the summer. One thing that we did for the first time this year was rent ATVs.

We go to Mile and Pat at Northwoods for all of our outdoor needs and have done moose safaris with their guides, so we were glad to hear that they had a wide selection of ATVs to rent from.

Because my youngest son (12 years old) and I would be tackling this adventure first, we were set up on a nice one up. We were supplied helmets, goggles, ATV map and a thorough instruction on how to run the machine (as it was my first time riding one). Then we were off! We had a blast and spent the time enjoying the trails (which were in great shape).

When we returned the machines after a day's ride, we were both exhausted!!

My oldest son (13 yrs old) and I went out another day and we did the same thing!!

We hope to return and rent snowmobiles from Northwoods this winter!!

You should definitely check them out for all of your outdoor needs if you happen to be in Greenville.

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Best Moose Safari ever!!!”
Reviewed July 6, 2012 via mobile

This was our first moose safari and it was fantastic!!

We had to get to the store at 0dark 30 in the drizzling rain, but it was worth it! Our guide took us via canoe to a great pond where we came within 20 feet of the largest bull moose I've ever seen!! The rack on it was huge!!

The moose paid us no mind and kept on feeding. We watched it for about 45 minutes! It was great!

Definitely worth getting up early for!!

3 Thank MeeshaMB
“Perfect vacation!!!!”
Reviewed June 28, 2012

The perfect vacation . Talking to Maureen over the phone and now we got to meet her in person a wonderful person full of information . We rented the house on beaver cove it was wonderful great location . Getting to the store and being greated by Pat and Mike was awesome . They were so helpfull. My husband who is new to fly fishing mike really helped him. Pat gave me information on what to do with our 7 yr son. We went on a moose trip with Ashley who is an outstanding guild we saw two cows it was amazing . We will be back next year . I loved it.