“Lacking services.”
Review of Moosehead Lake

Moosehead Lake
Ranked #1 of 24 things to do in Greenville
More attraction details
Owner description: Maine's premier lake region offers great outdoor recreation and sports, including fishing, hunting, mountain biking, canoeing, hiking, and "flightseeing" by seaplane.
Ennis, Texas
30 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Lacking services.”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Went in Sept 2012. This town was pretty much shut down. A little later and the fall folage most likely would have changed my mind.

Visited September 2012
2 Thank Donald W

3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“The place to go to get your moose fix!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

We have been coming to Moosehead lake for the past three years now. The wife was dieing to see a moose, did a search on google, learned about Moosehead Lake, and we've been coming here ever since! Just an example, this spring we saw a total of 28 moose!
As well as looking for moose, the lake is beautiful! Every view of it holds something different scenery wise.
This spring I also was able to get some fishing in, and I must say, I have never seen fishing like this area has to offer! I caught quite a few younger salmon and lake trout, and for the size that they were, were some of the best fights I've had on the line! A good tip that I can share from my experience in this area is to use worms. Fish would go for worms more than lures.
The little shops and resturants in the area are great, each one having something different or delicious, and I love the fact that the local grocery store/ good store is a true trading post!
I already can't wait to go back here!

Visited May 2012
1 Thank Mike S
virginia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“Beautiful scenery”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Simply enjoyed driving around the lake, stopping at many vantage points for pictures. Great places to walk and particularly love one spot where there were 3 beautiful old churches sitting side by side.

Visited September 2012
brick
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Beautiful and relaxing”
Reviewed September 2, 2012

Perfect views, swimming and boating. Tried our hand at fishing but we weren't experinced. We rented a pontoon boat and loved going around the lake. Lots of islands to rent houses on and spectacular views everywhere. We loved the seaplane tour from above too.

Visited August 2012
Amesbury, Massachusetts
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 22 helpful votes
“The Ultimate in Relaxation”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

Outdoor adventure at it's best...a beautiful, unspoiled area where there are boundless opportunities to explore, experience nature and just plain relax.

Visited July 2012

Been to Moosehead Lake? Share your experiences!