“Good food, friendly service”
Review of The Black Frog - CLOSED

The Black Frog
Cuisines: Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch
Reviewed July 19, 2013

The Black Frog couldn't be more laid back. The food was tasty (we had various fried seafood options) and the service was friendly and helpful. We got some good local info and directions to places to see from our waiter and he was happy to help. I would visit again if in the area (which I hope to be!)

Reviewed July 19, 2013

Nice patio directly on the lake with a relaxing view. We just had snacks for a short break, so can't judge the food.

Reviewed July 13, 2013

We went to this restaurant 2 times. The first night I had a combo friend scallop dinner and whole clams. The next time I had just clams. My husband also had the fried scallops. The food was excellent, they gave me more than I could eat! The clams and scallops were cooked just right, the view of Moosehead Lake was great in addition being able to walk along the boardwalk and see the all the sights in Greenville. There is also outdoor seating along with the Tiki Bar that we did not take advantage of. It was busy both times we were there. The servers were polite and attentive. I would definitely go back should I be in the Greenville area again.

Reviewed July 12, 2013

Great atmosphere, good service, and the food was pretty good. They were out of a lot of the menu items when we were there after the holiday weekend. We'd go back just for the nice view of the lake.

Reviewed July 9, 2013

I went to the black frog and was lead to the back on the water the view was amazing and they are a dog friendly restaurant.. My friend and I were thirsty and starving we picked our table and waited to be greeted the servers never came over to us so my friend said she was going to go get us menus at the bar we looked over the menu for about 20 minutes and still no server came over by this time another table had sat down beside us and the servers did not attend to them either an elderly couple apparently had been there before us and got up and left they were pissed off !! I finally had enough so I went up to the female server and said our you or someone else going to wait on us because we're on the verge of walking out going on 40 minutes I service wtf!!!! She said oh I thought he helped you ( another server) he said oh I thought she helped you... So they finally decided he would get us and the first thing he says is what do you want for food? Wierd way of asking I thought but we told him and he said were out lobster were out of chicken.. We're like wonderful now we have to look at the menu again.. It just was an awful food experience the service totally sucked! The view of moose head lake though was awesome:) I recommend maybe trying to eat inside or the bar next time not sure if its any better though