“A friendly, comfortable family restaurant”

Cole Farms Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 19 Restaurants in Gray
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
New Hampshire
“A friendly, comfortable family restaurant”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

It had been years since we'd visited Cole Farms, and I remembered it as being quite good. Maybe it was just the meal I had, but I was disappointed in the food this time around. The prices weren't too bad, but the food just did not meet my expectations. I had the meat loaf dinner and must say that the best thing about it was the real and delicious mashed potatoes. The meat loaf had far too many undercooked onions and seemed heavy on garlic as well. The salad was mediocre and didn't seem very fresh. The others in our group had mostly seafood and seemed to enjoy their meals, so maybe it was just my meal that wasn't that great.

On the plus side, I will say that the hostess and server did very well with our large group (13, including 7 small children) and that the children were well taken care of. It's obviously a family-friendly place and the atmosphere is comfortable and welcoming. Another important point is that they do offer a gluten free menu, but one has to ask for it.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank MrsT201022

n. yarmouth
“great for favorite comfort food”
Reviewed September 20, 2012

A reliably good meal; great variety; casual family style dining, affordable. They seem to be trying to get away from the just 'white bread' reputation. Great lobster salad. REAL mashed potatoes. Servers are always pleasant. Overall a good value for your money. Nice patriotic theme of hallway lined with photos and bios of employees who are serving our country.

Visited September 2012
Florida
“YUCK!”
Reviewed August 20, 2012

Can't begin to explain the nasty meal we had there.. the meatloaf was so awful there are no words to describe.Salad was just pitiful. In fact, all was so poor that I don't even want to waste more time writing a review...

• Visited August 2012
Gray, Maine
“Local Spot”
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Cole Farms has been in business forever, and their menu (and prices) probably have changed much!! Classic diner food with some fabulous suprises (fried seafood is great, occasional prime rib special is very good and a very good deal!!) Prices are alwyas to affordable, food consistently good .. you really can't miss with this place (unless you arrive at one of the busier times .. then you're going to have to wait for what could be a fairly long time before enjoying your meal)

Visited March 2012
Portland, Maine
“overrated”
Reviewed August 3, 2012

I shake my head at some of these 5 star reviews. I guess some people have very low expectations in their dining experience. I've given this restaurant 2 chances, the second of which made half my family sick. The food is greasy and very lacking in taste. Most of the people eating there seem to be elderly so i suppose that explains why some still go there. All in all its not worth the trip for Denny's quality food.

• Visited August 2012