Review Highlights
A Magical Place!

Cathy G
New Gloucester, Maine
Highly recommend!!!!!!

Seeing a moose has been on my bucket list for a long time and this fit the bill. Super cheap... read more

Nightnurse279
via mobile

All reviews snack shack wildlife park gift shop black beans small snack fish hatchery plenty of picnic tables all ages baby moose nice place to visit picnic area great for kids per adult couple hours whole family bald eagles walk around
Reviewed 1 week ago

"It is a magical place," I heard a young woman say. Amid woods and beautiful gardens, rescued animals are housed in a variety of enclosures. Whether it was baby Maggie Moose hungrily sucking a bottle, a "conversation" between two porcupines, or a black bear lumbering toward his catapult-delivered treats, the animals enchanted me all season long. My park pass allowed me to bring my grandchildren to special Saturday events, neighbors for a weekday walk, or an elderly friend to sit on a bench in the turtle area. As they worked on their seasonal flowers, my husband and I chatted with gardeners. We tossed food to the fish, bought gifts in the store, and listened to an eagle's cry during our walks in the park. I agree with the young woman. It is a magical place.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Super cheap entrance fee ( free for my boyfriend who’s a veteran and kids admission for me - 3.50)

Moose, deer, bears and tons of other animals.

Friendly helpful staff and easy park to navigate

We even fed Maggie, the baby moose from our hands! She was an absolute sweety

Reviewed 1 week ago

This park is a nice little place where you can see rescued animals that cannot be returned to the wild for a variety of reasons. I wish the signs said why they were there. But it is very interesting to see.
I love moose. I got to see 2 bull moose and the famous Maggie! I got to learn more about Maggie during her feeding.

1  Thank hagemannj
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

This park was well maintained, not too pricey, and not too crowded. We visited later in the day on a sunny Saturday in September, and we had plenty of elbow room. They have a wonderful variety of animals from birds of prey to small animals like foxes and beavers to larger animals like moose and cougars. For the most part we saw every animal we looked for and I even saw several animals I had never heard of or seen before. Kid friendly but great for adults without kids, too.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Went to the park to see the moose calf, Maggie. She is so cute and her keeper was very informative. I would of paid the admission just to meet Maggie. You can check her out on YouTube - type in baby moose and German Shepherd. Too cute

1  Thank Bobbi B
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This wildlife park was small but it was a great place to spend the morning there.There was moose and bears they had albino deer and raccoon.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

This was just a random Saturday fall family trip for us. We live in Vermont in which we have to travel a few hours to do any sort of family adventure. This small wildlife reserve was a nice adventure for our two small children 6&7 and our oldest daughter n husband and granddaughter 3. We loved the white raccoon and the bobcat, got to see them on the move for a squirrel.it was nice to see animals that we normally dont see. Moose ,cougars ,bobcats ,geese etc. take an adventure with your family nothing to regret here.

Reviewed October 12, 2018

The Maine Wildlife Park had a variety of animals not commonly seen even in rural Maine. Make sure you schedule a visit on a cool day as the animals can be stressed when the weather is too warm. Children can see the animals close up such as bears, moose, Fox, raccoon, beaver, lynx, Bob cats and cougar that are a rare sight. Some of the animals are mostly nocturnal which can limit their activity. The park is clean and a nice little stroll included a snack bar and rest room conveniences.

Reviewed October 6, 2018

Many animals to see that are common in Maine. Moose, bear,bald eagle to skunks and raccoons. Fun place to relax and enjoy nature. Gift shop and snack shack. Only draw back is they do not take credit cards at the gate for entrance. ATM available outside the gate.

Reviewed October 5, 2018 via mobile

This place was a 30 minute drive north of our hotel in Portland. The place had free parking and you only had to pay for admission, which is used to help pay for running the place. There are lots of interactive areas for little kids to learn about animals and play with things. We saw deer, porcupine, beavers, skunks, cougars, lynx, coyotes, moose, bears, turtles, owls and hawks. So many different exhibits of animals native to Maine. All the animals were injured and being nursed back to health before being returned to the wild. It's very well set up. We spent at least 2 hrs walking around the place. There are some areas where you can feed the animals with feed that cost 25 cents. There was also a fish hackery full of trout that was fun to feed. There were lots of young children and older children visiting. They don't have a restaurant in the place, but there are lots of picnic table areas near the front area and lots of benches to sit and eat stuff you bring. There's a snack snack shack to purse stuff.

I'll definitely come back again in the future.