“SUPER EXPENSIVE”

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Seating
“SUPER EXPENSIVE”
Reviewed January 17, 2014 via mobile

I wrote a rave review back in 2012 for Goody's. Unfortunately, new owners took over sometime in 2013. Imagine my surprise when we ordered two Italian sandwiches to eat on the road....and they were $9 each! Find someplace else to eat, or be prepared to part with some major cash.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank ppin1pod

Sudbury, Massachusetts
“Good subs at Goody's”
Reviewed August 12, 2013

Starved for some quick late lunch on our way back from Cumberland, we stopped into Goody's and had fabulous steak bombs that totally sated our hunger. The subs were filled with delicious steak, cheese and fresh veggies, lightly toasted and not oily or greasy. The folks taking orders and cooking were cheerful and helpful and the place is clean. No complaints from us...we will be back!

• Visited August 2013
New Gloucester, Maine
“Goody's Gone/ Not Good”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Back from a winter down South and called Goody's to order take out pizza. When I arrived and paid I handed over my rewards card to get punched along with my credit card. The clerk looked at it with disdain and told me it was "old", and then told me they had bought the business recently. Since the name out front was the same, I assumed the food would be the same and the half punched card would be honored. I was wrong in both cases. I was offered an extra punch on a new card, my old one destroyed on the spot, and more importantly the pizza was not up to Goody's original standard. The crust was decent, very little sauce, too much cheese to the point of being unhealthy, and in fairness, a generous amount of topping. I think the topping generosity is because they have the most expensive pizza in town. I was used to driving by three other pizza joints to get to Goody's, now I will be saving a bunch of gasoline.

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank Sabbathday
Portland, Maine
“Not worth the wait”
Reviewed June 9, 2013

I was told the food was worth waiting for. Three hours later I still had no food. It wasn't worth waiting for! Now I am told I can't be pleased. The owners don't even care.

Visited May 2013
1 Thank Foodie375
Gray, Maine
“Average pizza and subs”
Reviewed July 22, 2012

Average house of pizza food. Nothing has ever stood out as exceptional.

Visited April 2012