“Great opportunity to taste.”

Bartlett Maine Estate Winery
New Sweden, Maine
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Great opportunity to taste.”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

We went for a tasting because I have seen their wines in the marketplace but was afraid to try. I was a tad disappointed that a tasting cost $5 but my husband I shared the same glass. The tasting cost would have been applied to the purchase of three bottles but we decided to buy a single more expensive bottle. The wines were fabulous.

Visited July 2014

Tucson, Arizona
32 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Great wines”
Reviewed June 10, 2014

We first tasted at Bartlett four years ago and bought a blueberry (there are several blueberry choices) wine. The wines have good nose, are pleasing to the palate, great color -- wines to wow the senses (even listen to a bottle being de-corked!) The setting is peaceful and charming. Walking from the parking area is a good set-up for the tasting. Plan to spend enough time to really taste the wines you select. These wines have only gotten better over the years. We'll definitely be back!

Visited June 2014
Warren, Michigan
“Bartlett Maine Estate Winery”
Reviewed June 9, 2014

This was a really fun experience! I really enjoy alternative fruit wines and loved that Barlett had many to choose from. Kathe Barlett was so sweet and it was very fun to chat with her while my husband and I were in the tasting room. I thought the prices of the wines were just right, but I think it would be nice if the tasting fee included the souvenir wine glass. Overall, this is a beautiful winery with great wines and I can't wait to enjoy my raspberry wine that I purchased.

Visited June 2014
Buffalo Grove, IL
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Wines”
Reviewed October 22, 2013

We really liked this winery. Kathe Barlett, the owner, was very welcoming and gave us a really good history of the winery and the surrounding places. We bought several bottles of wine that we are now enjoying.

Visited September 2013
Gouldsboro
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Bartlett Winery - An Unexpected Gem”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

Bartlett Winery is located on a side road off Coastal US 1, Downeast of most of the usual tourist haunts of Maine (Bar Harbor is about 1 hour by car.) Set in the Maine woods, the winery and tasting room are approached by a rustic path. The wines are remarkably varied and well suited to the fare of the area including seafood and meat from organically grown animals. The dry blueberry is (who would have guessed?) a great accompaniment to beef, while the "coastal white" pairs well with seafood. Allow an hour or so for the tasting and for the selection of your favorites to enjoy while you're in Maine or take home with you.

Visited August 2013