“Not to be missed”

Bartlett Maine Estate Winery
Reviewed January 6, 2012

I live in the Schoodic Area and try to get to Bartlett's winery every year. I also send all of my friends there. A great spot, nestled in the woods, the visit is an event. The tasting room is fabulous, wine delicious and they even have a little gift shop.,,,a great place to pick up a corkscrew or apron with the winery's name. I love the coastal white and apple blush best. I usually buy a dessert wine or too also, they make great hostess gifts. If you like wine you should add this to your itinerary, you won't be sorry you did.

1  Thank MamaMeg
"wineries"
"oak"
"apple"

Reviewed October 25, 2011

We first learned about their wines at Fishermans Inn and were not disappointed. A most unusual and mellow setting in the woods, free samples and a charming woman ready to let you sip and tell you all about their various offerings. They are constructing a stone patio amongst the pines which should be ready for next season's wine tastings.

1  Thank Onthetee01742
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Having walked through many a vineyard en route to a tasting room, it was fun and different to walk through a short patch of forest on the way to the Bartlett winery. Like their wines, their location is out of the ordinary.

Since we had enjoyed a bottle of Bartlett french-oaked pear wine during the previous evening's dinner, we were happy to find that our route the next day took us by the winery. The hostess, one of the proprietors, was extremely friendly and informative about this unusual non-grape operation. We ended up with several bottles (pear and blueberry) as souvenirs of our Down East trip, and the ones we've drunk so far have been very enjoyable. Crucially, some of the wines (the ones we tended to prefer) were in a more refined, dry style, not super-fruity sugar bombs. It's good, interesting wine, not just a novelty.

Reviewed August 7, 2011

I highly recommend visiting this winery, even if it is out of your way. The free wine tasting was very professionally conducted and was based on our taste in wine. The owner explained what each wine was best served with, knew the brewing process intimately, and answered every question thoroughly. Each wine we sampled was WONDERFUL, with no unpleasant aftertastes. Despite being a small local winery, each wine was crystal clear. The owner who conducted the tasting was very proud of his wines and excited to talk about them. When my parents brought their choices up for purchase, the woman who checked them out (I believe she was also an owner) noticed one bottle was completely different from their other choices so she asked if they had tasted it. It was one of the ones we hadn't tried. She kindly warned them that it was completely different than the others and probably wouldn't be what they expected, which my parents really appreciated! (My mom does NOT like dry wines!) It is nice to see someone willing to lose a sale in the interest of their customers. (As it was, my parents decided to get a third bottle of one of the others they loved, so in the end it was not a lost sale!) The prices were also extremely reasonable, and this is coming from a mother of two boys on a budget!
Even the grounds leading up to the tasting room were well maintained and beautiful. You walk by beautiful flower gardens and head up a trail through a well-maintained wooded area. The obviously take as good care of the grounds as they do with their wines. Again, I highly recommend a special trip out here!

See more reviews
Reviewed July 15, 2011

I was skeptical of "fruit" wines, but my hubby and I own a restaurant in the region, and wanted to add a local wine.
My wine salesman (from another company), who is very knowlegable, told me I should meet Bob and Cathy, and that their wines are exceptional. I made an appointment for a tasting the following weekend.
What a wonderful surprise I found nestled in the middle of nowhere...
The grounds are beautiful. A couple of lovely buildings (built by the owners) in the woods of DownEast Maine, surrounded by well kept gardens and indigenous fauna.
Stepping into the Winery, my jaw dropped when I saw the enormous (and very shiny) vats used for fermenting, and the ensuing conveyer belt for bottling, the labler, the corker, complete operation from start to finish...this is the REAL DEAL.
Then, to hear Bob and Cathy talk about their process, and to see & feel their passion for their craft...well, I left feeling inspired to see folks who can make a living doing something they love without the "trappings" of what most of us concern ourselves with.
Simply stated...IT'S A MUST DO if you love wine, and enjoy visiting with people who love to share the pride of their accomplishments.
Oh yes, AND THE WINE IS GREAT, TOO!!

1  Thank MaineDdx3