“We were very happy...”

PineCrest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gorham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed August 8, 2009

We were very happy with our stay at the PineCrest. It is a lovely old building, but everything you would want to be modern, was. Amy and Matt could not have been nicer or more helpful as we explored the area. Breakfast was excellent, and we were quite pleasantly surprised by the in-house gourmet dinner we availed ourselves of on the first night. The room (Quincy) was quite comfortable, and the entire place was immaculately clean. It seems like it's out of the way, but it was easy making our way to Portland and 95/295. We'd definitely stay here again...Jim and Kathy Moragne

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 15, 2009

Hosts, room, price and food were fantastic.
There may be B&B's out there as good, but can not imagine any better for the money.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 20, 2009

As my husband and I are building a new home in Maine, I needed to work with one of our contractors in Gorham. I selected the PineCrest due to location but would recommend this lovely inn for anyone wanting to enjoy a getaway to Portland and the surrounding area.

Upon being shown to my room, I immediately noticed the artful placement of the woven throw on the bed. This was the work of someone (Amy) with a refined sense of style which shows up in many of the inns rooms. Plus, the assortment of amenities in my room was delightful. I should have made better use of them. Next time!

What truly set this inn apart for me was how readily Matt and Amy accommodated my dietary needs. Since I prefer to follow a raw food vegan diet, they offered me a fresh salad and a grilled multigrain bagel for my breakfast. That was great. But on Friday night, Mo (Maureen) , the gourmet chef who comes to prepare dinner for guests and a dedicated clientele, researched the raw food diet and presented me with a delightful three course dinner. Now that's service!!! Plus, Matt stocks the small bar at the inn with an interesting wine selection and can speak at length on the subject.

I have since returned with my husband and enjoyed another pleasant stay. I know that even after our home is built we will enjoy dining at the inn and visiting with our new friends.

Carole Ayer
Hamilton, MA

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled on business
Reviewed April 10, 2009

I was in Gorham to visit USM and also just to hang out and poke around the area. PineCrest turned out to be the perfect base of operations. The big old house has a great vibe and the service included all kinds of nice touches -- chocolates on the pillows, a log in the fireplace, bathrobes and toothpaste in the bathroom, a piano, a guitar, paperbacks and DVDs, and extra-delicious breakfasts. Matt & Amy (and their kids) are great hosts. I plan to pass through again, and would recommend the PineCrest 100% wholeheartedly.

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled solo
Reviewed March 16, 2009

My brother lives in Gorham, my parents live 15 minutes away in Windham. We visited from CT to celebrate my mom's 80th and my Dad's 84th birthdays. We booked three rooms for the weekend for us out of towners, and hosted a catered dinner at the B&B on Sunday evening to celebrate the birthdays. Everything was fantastic. The rooms are clean and very nicely decorated. Breakfast is great. There is a small bar offering beer and wine that is very cozy and comfortable. I think normally diinner is just offered on Friday nights so be sure to take advantage of that if you stay on a Friday. Our private dinner was held on Sunday - Matt, Amy, and Chef Mo worked with us to plan exactly what we wanted. Our guests couldn't stop raving about the food. We have spent a lot of time in the greater Portland area visiting our family and can truly say that the PineCrest is a wonderful find and we highly recommend it.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 8, 2009

From start to finish:

RESERVATIONS -
hassle free, friendly, flexible.

UPON ARRIVAL -
It was our first time to Maine, so we did have questions about site seeing, dining, etc. Matt , the inkeep, who curiously writes music and had done so for some major motion pictures, was amazing. He went and got several maps out for us, and inch by inch on the maps gave us a detailed and perfect idea of how to plan our stay. Even drew out routes, points of interest , and even suggested the order in wich to do the acitvities in order to get the most out of our time during our stay. I might suggest a GPS equipped car though for night time driving here.

THE ROOM -
"The Quincy" was our room of choice. It has a very summer country feel with a hint of nautical accents if you can picture that. It was impeccably clean, from the scent that filled the room to the spotless almost un-used appearance in the bathroom. The room has a fireplace, although not used (it was July) it did add such a sense of warmth to our nights there. The bed was heaven with great high quality bedding that would rival any at a luxury New York City hotel. The room, like the rest of the home feels spacious, not cramped, maintaining the sense of home that one would want from a bed a breakfast. The decor was so warm yet classy. Looking around i was so satisfied with our choice (after researching long hours online for about two weeks , every night ) and at that moment knew this was going to be a great birthday.

FOOD & BEVERAGE -
So we arrived early Friday afternoon, and were pleased to be invited by our hosts to what is apparently a Friday night ritual there. Wine - not just any wines, GREAT wines. Cheeses, fruit, fresh breads, crackers, pastries and more. All the guests sat around and told funny stories as darkness rolled in, into the night all getting to know one another.

Breakfast, another great treat. The innkeeps come and ask you to give them your preferences out of a nice selection array, and then we all sat in what looked like a cozy mini restaurant within the home. The food, and I do love to cook, was even more appreciated when we walked through the beautiful country yet modern kitchen and saw our very own hosts preparing our meals personally. The meal was great. Breakfast is included with your stay.

LOCAL -
I can't say that you would have the same ideas on how to spend your days there, but everything you could possibly want is only a few minutes away. From food , shopping, gift shops, lighthouses and beaches, to local bars and beautiful long scenic country drives. We ventured far somedays and stayed close to home others, but for the days we were there, i have to say it was the best ,most relaxed, aggravation free, birthday i've had yet.

Thank You Pine Cest and it's lovely owners.

• Stayed: July 2007, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed February 6, 2009

Just the place for a relaxing getaway. Friendly innkeepers,cozy room,great breakfasts.

• Stayed: January 2009, traveled as a couple

Been to PineCrest Inn? Share your experiences!