“Lovely, Elegant and Tranquil Inn”
Review of PineCrest Inn

PineCrest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gorham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed June 30, 2013

Beautifully appointed rooms, immaculately clean. Excellent breakfast and restaurant. Hosts Amy and Matt are most gracious! It was a word of mouth recommendation that brought me to the PineCrest Inn. It was one of my co-workers who had stayed previously. I am ever so thankful for his recommendation.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled solo

Reviewed June 29, 2013

We stayed two nights at PineCrest and had a lovely time! Although our principal travel interest was the craft beer Festival at Portland and we first looked for lodgement there, staying at PineCrest in Gorham was the best decision. The room was exactly as expected from the picture online, breakfast was better than imagined and dinner and cocktails were perfect after arriving at evening. Chatting with Amy, Matt, and other people at PineCrest was very helpful to get to know about the best beaches around and practical issues such as driving directions or taxi services (essential for going back and forth to the Festival). 100% recommended!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2013

My husband and I were looking for a quick late minute Memorial Day weekend trip. I did a lot of research on Portland area hotels and lodging. We wanted to do something a little different from our normal hotel experience so we looked into the PineCrest Bed and Breakfast Inn.

We arrived around dinnertime on Friday. We were shown into our room The Quincy which was cozy. We also decided to have dinner at the PineCrest which we were glad we did! My husband had the scallops and I had the pasta. The wine selection was extensive and they had live music! My husband and I shared the strawberry shortcake for dessert which was the perfect way to end our day of travel.

During our entire stay, the food was AMAZING!!!! We had dinner there on Friday and Saturday night. We were only sad that we could not have it there on Sunday night as well. Breakfast each morning was between 8:30-9:30 and we could smell it from our room (the french toast on Saturday morning in particular!).

The PineCrest is located in Gorham which is about 15 minutes from the Old Port, a section of Portland on Casco Bay. We did not mind being away from Portland and enjoyed the quiet surroundings at the Inn. The room was everything we needed for our four days and three nights!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren M
Reviewed May 6, 2013

We stayed just one night, but really enjoyed it. Amy, the co-owner who checked us in, was especially helpful. Breakfast was superb, and they were kind enough to pack a little bit after for me to bring to my partner (who had left before breakfast time).

Room Tip: We stayed in the Quincy room, which faces the street, and it was still quite quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 1, 2013

I'm not sure there's much that I could add to all the glowing reviews that already exist here for Matt and Amy, but I'll try!

From the ease at which I booked online to the warm welcome we received when we arrived, our stay in Gorham was great. We stayed in the Medway room, which was large and comfortable with a private bathroom across the hall from the room. The room had a TV, a temperature controlled air conditioner and a lovely comfy bed.

The breakfasts each day were generous and delicious and Matt and Amy were a wealth of knowledge about the local area and things to see and do in Portland. Matt directed us to a great restaurant within walking distance to the house, Sebago Brewing Company, for an easy and large dinner. If you get a chance book into the restaurant at the house which was heaving every night, but we never got a chance to try!

Room Tip: We chose the Medway on the side of the house which was lovely, light and airy. The private bathroom...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 14, 2013

This B&B is not to be missed, even if you're on the way to Sabago Lake! Set off on the main street this antique house is a wonderful respite at which to stay right in the Town of Gorham, Maine. My room was beautifully appointed, had an individually controlled thermostat and a working fireplace with the glass doors with which to watch the embers die down without sacrificing the heat or safety.

I messed the breakfast, but as I passed, Amy (who also owns the inn with her husband) had cut fruit garnish for the French toast breakfast plate that almost caught me up from making my 5-hour drive home. The Portland newspapoer gave the inn's menu/food FOUR stars. I could have stayed on much longer. The inn is only 20 minutes from Portland, Maine or if you're a vacation "shopper" the neighboring town of Scarborough boasts a huge mall (on your way to Portland or back to the inn).

I didn't have the pleasure of meeting Matt, Amy's husband, but Amy is a font of information about the area which made the stay all the more enjoyable for me. You can ask her information or not. She is friendly, actually effervescent and forthcoming to solve your needs. It's a lovey spot to catch up with yourself or each other.

Room Tip: Tell Amy the purpose of your trip and she might be able to help you pick, but you can 'take a pe...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We have stayed here serveral times and tried a different room each time. Each time has been wonderful. The rooms are cozy and clean and extremely quiet. The food is absoluetly delicious. We usually stay on a weekend so we are able to enjoy the little "pub" they have here. We always go to nearby Portland for at least a day trip. The owners are welcoming and gracious. Many thanks for the great get away place!!!

Room Tip: Any room that we have stayed in was cozy and quiet.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to PineCrest Inn? Share your experiences!