“Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast and sooo much more....”
Review of PineCrest Inn

PineCrest Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Gorham B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed October 31, 2011

My friend and I planned a trip to Maine. I decided to look for a bed and breakfast with two beds. After researching for months, we planned to stay at the Pinecrest Bed and Breakfast Inn. Best decision ever! Their website was quite fascinating too. Check it out.
Matt and Amy were the most hospitable innkeepers one could imagine. They were helpful in every way. We got directions to places, found the best places to eat and shop, time it would take to go from one place to another, etc.
The rooms were quaint and perfect. We stayed in the Newport room with the two beds. This was on the third floor. We got to view the other rooms and all were decorated beautifully all the amenities of home, including wordfind and crossword books and magazines. It was like coming home to the warm, country home like you see in magazines.
The first night we got there we decided to stay in for dinner. It was such a great choice. If it wasn't for the restaurant being open just a few nights we may have eaten there every night. Breakfast was just as wonderful. The first breakfast was almond pancakes, fruits and sausage. There was so much I don't think anyone could finish their plate. Doggie bag, please! After that I would wait in anticipation for the next breakfast. We were sad when we thought we would miss our last morning's breakfast because of our early flight. But no, Amy was such a dear and served us breakfast early enough to get us out on a full stomach.
I would go back to Maine just to stay at the Pinecrest Inn.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 15, 2011

We promised we wouldn't give away the secret of the delicious coffee and we won't! Although we were promised that next time my boyfriend can have a coffee IV hooked up. The room was quiet and spacious and the bed was one of the best we've slept in - I think the sheets make a real difference. Overall it was the little touches that make a difference. For example, the books in the room and the various items that were available for a nominal fee (on the honor system) like shaving cream, lotions, toothpaste, etc. which make it so much easier if you just forgot or needed more of something. Now, the breakfasts (best part of B&Bs and why we go to one every year for our anniversary). The pancakes were amazing, fluffly and delicious, I really can't say enough about them. We were within close driving distance of just about everything and had a wonderful time in Portland and the next day in BoothBay Harbor. Also, going back to more coffee, there were Keurigs in the bedroom, you can't beat that. Wouldn't change a thing, and definitely plan on coming back again! Thank you both so much!

Room Tip: We were upstrairs in our own suite and although on the second night the other room was occupied we d...
Reviewed October 14, 2011

Where do we start?! This place is the perfect combination of peaceful, sweet, cozy, charming and vintage-chic. I fell in love with this place just from their website. The rooms are plenty big and so cozy, not to mention the private baths which are so pretty and everything smells so good. In the mornings, you come down stairs and and are greeted with the amazing smell of a delicious breakfast that is cooked fresh for each person! The coffee is really good too! And make sure you have dinner at their restaurant as well. I promise, you will not be disappointed! Amy and Matt are truly wonderful people and go out of their way to help you with whatever questions you may have. My husband and I loved every minute we were there and can't wait to get back!

Room Tip: There aren't any bad rooms!
Reviewed October 6, 2011

Since I grew up in Maine, it's rather rare that I get a room while traveling through the state. On this occasion, my girlfriend and I had opted to tour the Maine coast from Machias to Kittery. We did extensive research on all of the beds and breakfasts between Portland and Rockland, and happened across the Pinecrest Inn. With the wonderful reviews and reasonable rates, we decided to take the drive out to Gorham, just to stay at this wonderful Inn. As we wanted to spend some time in Portland, we found the drive into the city to be fairly easy and reasonably quick - about 20 minutes. So, for us - it was a little out of the way, but well worth it.

Our stay with Amy and Matt was very pleasant. Matt was there to greet us when we arrived, and let us borrow some movies from their personal collection to watch at night ( a very nice and personal touch). Breakfasts in the morning were cozy and wonderful. Both Amy and Matt cooked the breakfasts from scratch, and certainly have an eye for details. The breakfasts were presented well, and were exceptionally done. They also served just the right portions too.

The rooms were cozy and clean. Bed linens were fresh. The building itself is an older one, so don't expect it to be anything but. Yes, the closet door stuck a little bit, etc - but that's part of the charm of this place. Kind of what you expect from an older building, which gave it plenty of character - which is what we were looking for in the first place!

If you're looking to stay in the area, then I suggest giving this little bed and breakfast a try, as we had. There are very few places that operate at their level at the price point that they do, and if we're in the area again, I'd be happy to stay with them a second time.

Reviewed September 24, 2011

My wife and I stayed here for an enjoyabe 5 nights while visiting my parents in Steep Falls. The Stoningham Room exceeded our expectations for this wonderful B&B. You won't be disappointed with the meals - Matt's cooking talent is equilivent to that of a 5-star restaurant cook. Amy's welcoming smile and friendly attitude was always pleasant. We will be back and highly recommend the Pinecrest B&B.

Room Tip: The Stoningham Room was clean, roomy and large.
Reviewed September 21, 2011

What a great place to stay!

Room (we stayed in The Newport room, which was located on the top floor)
The room was so cute and quiet, and we appreciate themall touches in the room/bathroom

Food, what can i say, hummmmmmmmmm!

Hosts (Matt and Amy), amaizing peoples!

Room Tip: The Newport room, which was located on the top floor
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed for three nights at this beautiful B & B. It is a very clean, quaint home with just the right amenities. This inn keepers were very helpful and truly take pride in their home. We stayed in the room on the first floor. It is great because it has a separate sitting area. There was much more room. We were about 15-20 minutes outside Portland which we visited each day. Once we made the trip once, we had no trouble finding our way home each night. Finally, the breakfasts were fantastic. The dining room is set up like a restaurant and the meals were delicious., I would definitely rate this a five and recommend it to everyone visiting the area. It is also down the road from SMU which would be very convenient for parents visiting the school.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple

Been to PineCrest Inn? Share your experiences!