“You haven't tried a frozen coffee until you go to St. Joe's” 5 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: Cafe, American
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Seating
Description: Coffee, breakfast, lunch & dinners
Chester Springs, PA
“You haven't tried a frozen coffee until you go to St. Joe's”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2012

Besides the frozen coffee crushees (I highly suggest peppermint mocha...made with homemade ganache!) Joe's has delightful breakfast selections...the Goat Rock which is egg, portabella mushrooms and goat cheese.mmmmm! or what I called the "Almost Betsy" (their Betsy is egg, cheddar, bacon and tomato) for me egg, goat cheese, tomato and bacon. All served on THE BEST biscuits....or substitute a delicious bagel. The omelets are served with homemade oatmeal honey toast just like Grandma used to bake. WOW what a find in a little college town.

• Visited July 2012

Boston, Massachusetts
“Tasty hash”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stopped her for Sunday breakfast with friends during Memorial Day weekend. The coffee was awesome -- not sure what blend it was, but had 2 cups. The breakfast was great. I ordered the veggie hash; it came with two eggs a top a lay of sweet potatoes, onions, mushrooms, peppers, broccoli and more. It was just what I needed to cure my hunger. My friend raved about her pork hash, my husband enjoyed his turkey croissant and our other friend devoured the breakfast burrito, it was pretty big.

Enjoyable place, friendly service. Bill for 4 people was $40, not bad.

• Visited May 2012
Augusta, ME
“Breakfast Sandwich Heaven”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 18, 2012

As a connoisseur of breakfast food I was pleasantly surprised to find this place. We got a breakfast sandwich called THE BETSY which has eggs, cheese, bacon, tomato on a homemade biscuit for $2.95. Oh my God I loved this sandwich. Coffee is hot and fresh. It was just a very nice surprise to find a place with good breakfast food.

• Visited February 2012
Cape Elizabeth, Maine
“Very disappointing”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 16, 2012

I went on Sunday with my sister and had to wait 50 minutes for 2 omelets. Mine was an "all whites" with spinach, crispy bacon and feta cheese. There were maybe 3 pieces of feta and 2 tiny pinhead pieces of bacon with the spinach. When I told the waiter about the lack of ingredients all he said was "I'll tell the chef." My sister got Joe's special omelet and all I could see in it was huge (overpowering) chunks of tomatoes and she said it was not good. The service was awful but we had a nice seat by the window and my coffee was good. I would not recommend to anyone!

• Visited January 2012
portland maine
“Excellent!! great breakfasts, lunches, Beenies and special doughnuts”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 15, 2011

St. Joes makes Beenies - just like the New Orleans Benyas - (you can't have just one) their own special, unusual flavor doughnuts -you won't get doughnuts like these at Dunkin Donuts! and their biscuits that they use in their breakfast sandwiches are fantastic - light fluffy biscuits. They offer wonderful breakfasts and their lunch salads and sandwiches are unusual and very very good. This is one of my favorite places since it opened - I try and stop in a couple of times a month for breakfast or lunch. They also serve dinner now too, but I haven't tried that. I hate to admit I haven't tried their coffee, but I suspect it is good too - I can't get past the great food. They do make their food to go, or you can sit in the restaurant. It is not a fast food place though, so expect to wait a little bit for your food - usually 10 minutes or less, but I have waited as long as 15 minutes on really busy days

• Visited July 2011