“Nirvana in a cozy town!”
Review of 91 South - CLOSED

91 South
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Description: 91 South featured an intimate dining room often with live music. Our cuisine integrates savory combinations from around the world into local fish, beef and produce. Our wine list boasts of 65 wines by the glass and almost 100 bottles priced at only $10 over suggested retail. Never again be taken to the cleaners with an overpriced bottle of wine.
Reviewed March 3, 2009

In a time when fast food and chain restaurants dominate the landscape, it is a rare treat to stumble onto a a restaurant that feels like a long-overdue visit home. A roaring fireplace in the dining room warms visitors as its innkeepers, Matt and Amy, that have the charm of life-long friends greet you. When the menus arrive, the food, prepared by Chef Mo, is of the caliber (and taste) of a New York 5-star restaurant with Maine pricing. As one marvels at the delectible delights and sips on a carefully matched wine, Matt (an accomplished musician), jumps on the piano and serenades the patrons with his songs. At the end of the evening, one does not feel as though they have eaten at a restaurant but like they have just had a fine dinner with old friends.

To pass through or visit Gorham, Maine and not stop by for dinner at the PineCrest Inn Restaurant is a regret that one should never have to live with!

1  Thank FineWines

Reviewed March 3, 2009

We were members of this restaurant when it was a private club and well worth the cost. Now it's open to anyone for a very minimal $1 fee per meal. Their Friday night dinners continue to be excellent. Chef Mo turns out some of the most wonderful food I've ever tried. I continue to try things I never would have before because I've never had anything that didn't taste great. I even tried and enjoyed squid for the first time! Friday nights have easily run my husband and I about $100. This includes 4-5 courses with drinks, and tip. A great deal for the quality of food, wine and beer. However if you'd like to check them out for less try their Thursday and Saturday Price Fixe menu. You get three courses for $17. A much better deal than the chain restaurants and often cheaper too!

This little place is a hidden gem in Gorham and deserves to be found by more people. Just not too many that I start to have a hard time getting a table!