“Sea to table”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
New York City, New York
“Sea to table”
Reviewed May 29, 2014

Nothing like live fresh lobster right from the boat. Pick them and have them cooked at a nominal charge. Then sit at a bench overlooking the quaint harbor for a meal that can't be beat.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
“So-so”
Reviewed May 24, 2014

I had heard many good things about this place, and was excited to have lunch here on the first day of the season (Memorial Day weekend). The fried clam platter was so-so, with clams that were very large, chewy, and greasier than normal (I'm a life-long New Englander and have been eating this things forever). My wife tried the haddock chowder, but too much corn drowned out delicate haddock flavor. Overall, I wished I had order the steak and cheese sub like the people sitting next to me.

Cornish Maine
“Was really looking forward to this place but was very disappointed.”
Reviewed May 11, 2014

They opened for the season yesterday, so I can definitely cut them slack for part of today's problem. It was Mother's Day and we went to Reid State Park, and then came here specifically for lunch. We arrived around 1:30, and the line was not too long. We ordered two fish and chips, 2 haddock sandwiches, a bowl of chowder. The view is gorgeous, spectacular even, so it was not hardship to wait, but it took over an hour to be served, probably an hour and 15 minutes. Okay I can forgive that. But the fish in the fish n chips was undercooked! And the portions were really not very big -- $60 for the four of us including two sodas. For that money, and for the length of the wait, I want it to be delicious. And it wasn't. The chowder was watery according to the person in our party who ordered it. Waiting is not my favorite, but it would have been okay if it had been worth waiting for, but it was second rate. It's really too bad because I won't return.

• Visited May 2014
lobster04548, Owner at Five Islands Lobster Co, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Thank you for your feedback on you experience Sunday. I appreciate how patient you were to wait so long for your order and for cutting us some slack on that. The business traffic was unprecedented for Mother's Day and was more aligned with what we might see in late July/August! Please know, the restaurant is typically run like a well-oiled machine and the timeliness and quality of the food is priority number one to us! This accounts for the many high ratings we receive throughout the year. We keep our prices as low as we can according to the market. There is no excuse for improperly cooked food and I hope we were able to rectify that for you. The chowder is meant to be thin and not extra thick and creamy, that is a matter of preference.
I do hope you will give us a try again!
Phippsburg, Maine
“Fresh Lobstah - what is better?”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

The setting is spectacular and the lobster is fresh out of the Maine waters. It's cooked perfectly and served simply. It's hard to beat this place. If you go during the height of tourist season, expect to wait a while...parking is limited.

Visited June 2013
Portland, Maine
“Wow what views! And the food is great too!”
Reviewed February 6, 2014

I love Five Islands Lobster Co. You park your car and grab a bite to eat (FRESH Lobster) and sit at one of their many picnic tables overlooking a harbor where the boats are that bring in the Lobsters. Wonderful place for family, seniors, and couples....everyone in the family will love this spot!

Visited July 2013