“A classic”

Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Outdoor Seating
Reviewed September 7, 2013

Tables on the wharf - seagulls overhead - lobster boats unloading. This place is a classic. When we have lobster, we cook them at home, so I cannot comment on them. We have the haddock - in a sandwich - in the chowder. Wonderful! Save room for the ice cream.

There are newer reviews for Five Islands Lobster Co

Reviewed September 5, 2013

My husband and I spent a beautiful weekend camping at Hermit Island. Our weekend was filled with relaxation and Lobster. Five Islands Lobster was one of our stops and it was beautiful. The setting, a pier at the end of a road surrounded by ocean and those wonderful small Maine islands was so relaxing. We ordered steamers and a beer and grabbed a picnic table outside. The attendants bring your order outside (steamers and lobster) right to your table when it is ready. Lobster & Steamers are pretty much the same cooked well, anywhere in Maine, it is the atmosphere and setting that take the experience over the top! While we were eating our meal the lobster boats were pulling right up to the dock. We were seeing the business of purchasing the lobsters you would eat right in front of us. So cool. We didn't have any fried food so I can't speak to that but I will say that the destination, workers and the food at Five Islands were fabulous! We will definately return.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I was expecting good seafood and I got good seafood. That's pretty much it.

Lobsters are sweet and soft as advertised. I am a scallop lover, so my first instinct was to go for the scallop basket as well, but I was disappointed in the size of the scallops and also the size of the basket. They were good, but not worth the price. The next time we tried the clam basket, which was WAY better. I personally love steamed clams, and the steamers were also amazing.

They also have a cash only ice cream shop. The seafood places all take cards, though.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

This is a very unusual place. I would not really call it a restaurant. They have two buildings, one where you can order lobsters and another for other foods. There are a number of picnic tables all along the river with absolutely beautiful views. The food was delicious especially the onion rings they are made with some type of crumbs rather than batter and were the best I've ever had. We also enjoyed the "chowda", fried clams and grilled Haddock all were wonderful.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

Okay, we are Mainers and know our lobster. Georgetown is a beautiful area. But when we ordered a lobster roll at Fire Islands Lobster Co we were more than disappointed. It was served on a cold stale hot dog bun. There was definitely lots of lobster in the roll, but this too was not fresh. It smelled of stale seafood and had nothing on it. Some may like this but we like a tinge of mayo & mild seasoning mixed with the lobster. We've had many lobster rolls and this was by far the worse we have ever eaten. We didn't order the onion rings, but they did look good. We ended up throwing it away as it was that bad. Tip... The Georgetown Country Store has great take out food & prices.