“You MUST try this wonderful restaurant!”
Review of Osprey Restaurant

Osprey Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 8 Restaurants in Georgetown
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed June 16, 2014

We were in the Rt. 1 Woolwich area (check out the flea market at http://www.montsweagfleamarket.net/--good stuff!) and saw a sign for the "Osprey Restaurant," and since I LOVE ospreys we decided to try it. WE WERE NOT DISAPPOINTED!

It's a little out of the way, but well worth the trip. Restaurant is on the harbor on the second floor of the building, so we had a lovely view of the boats AND the osprey nest! (mama was on the nest)

We started with the anti-pasto salad, which was so delicious, especially since the mozzarella had been marinated with basil (delish!). We decided to split a Five Island Pizza, which included chunks of lobster--best pizza I've ever had! The service was great and you cannot beat the view, prices, and food qualty, so I highly recommend this restaurant.

There are newer reviews for Osprey Restaurant

Reviewed May 27, 2014

We stumbled on this place while driving around near Bath. This bar and restaurant, at the Robinhood Marine Center, was nearly empty when we were there, probably because of the cold, cloudy weather.
My husband had a haddock sandwich which he said was very good, and I ordered a lobster roll. It wasn't the best I'd ever eaten, but it was ok.
We weren't going to bother with dessert until our server (who was friendly and professional) mentioned that the pies are baked by "a woman just up the road." When I hear those words, that usually means the pies will be killer so we went for it and shared a slice of key lime pie, which was worth every delicious calorie.
We sat at a table in an enclosed porch overlooking the marina and a very active osprey nest on a channel marker. They even provide binoculars for your viewing pleasure.

Reviewed May 23, 2014

What a lovely restaurant. I didn't have high hopes - a nondescript building buried in a shipyard. After seeing the menu my hopes sunk lower, with some seafood, pizza, pasta and other items I assumed would be frozen. But the meal was amazing! Tempura-batter fried fiddleheads, very fresh clam chowder, fried fresh local shrimp, wonderfully flavored baked haddock. All were cooked perfectly. We topped off the meal with berry pie. I may even try the pasta and pizza, since I can see they have a real respect for food here.
Did I mention the fast and very friendly service, or the lovely view of the harbor? I should, because all in all, it was a great dining experience.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

We enjoyed our dinner here, but it was very crowded. Kept getting our drinks wrong. Im sure it was just a busy night. Food was very good and the view was awesome.

1  Thank tamj999
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We went to the Osprey on Jly 25, 2013 based on a recommendation from our B&B Host, Amy at the Benjamin Packard House in Bath. It was a rainy night, but we found the restaurant easy enough. It is a bit rustic inside and out, but the lobster mac and cheese was incredible. On Amy's recommendation, we only ordered one dish of it and then each of us ordered a light meal. It was incredibly rich and filling. The rest of the food was also good. Service was good also. We had a table with a nice view of the harbor, but interior of restaurant is very rustic. But despite being fairly full of diners, it was quiet enough for us to carry on a conversation at our table - hard to come by in most restaurants today.

1  Thank Maggie N