“A relaxing get-away”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Georgetown
Coveside Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 4 Georgetown B&B and Inns
GreenLeadersBronze level
Cincinnati, Ohio
“A relaxing get-away”
Reviewed September 28, 2013

My husband and I spent four nights in the Red Suite, second floor of the cottage, with a view of the cove from our private balcony. Carolyn and Tom are the perfect hosts, serving great breakfasts with all local ingredients. A beautiful location in a small area (versus larger town), which is what we prefer. We will return.

Room Tip: Since we enjoy visiting with guests, we also like our privacy, so selecting one of the suites on the...
Green Features: Because my husband and I are avid recyclers, we appreciate it when inns/B&Bs have receptacles for recycling all paper/metal/plastic/glass products. It's just the right thing to do.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
NH
Reviewed September 27, 2013

We celebrated our 30th wedding anniversary here with 3 nights of excellent accommodations and tasty and filling breakfasts. Carolyn and Tom are wonderful hosts who answer questions, laugh, and know a great deal about the area and where to visit and spend time. We were also fortunate to have a Tuesday evening dinner provided for those of us staying that night because the local restaurants weren't open - and it was fantastic! Wonderful views of the cove. Great atmosphere. A perfect place for a special get away.

Room Tip: suites in the cottage are roomy and very comfortable. Just make sure you let the others in the build...
Green Features: Excellent. They are a leader in environmental practices and that was great to have. No styrafoam cups here!
Collierville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed at Coveside on September 10 and 11. What a great place to stay! It is in Georgetown, a short 20 minutes from Bath and well worth the drive. Tom and Carolyn were most entertaining and treated us as though we were family. Breakfasts were great. The view from the Inn was beautiful. Will stay there again on our next trip to Maine.

Massachusetts
Reviewed September 23, 2013

I called at the last minute for a trip to Mid-coast Maine. Carolyn was more than happy to put me up for the night. I arrived to the chatter of friendly folks in the kitchen. Carolyn showed me around, installed me in a room, aimed me towards an easy dinner and where the complimentary wine and beer was. I couldn't have asked for a nicer place for my "mom's getaway". The evening was happily spent in front of the fire with a good book, a glass of wine and some yummy home baked cookies. The room and bed were wonderful and breakfast the next morning was heavenly - pumpkin pancakes, local sausage and baked apples. I only wish I had the energy to take advantage of their location on Sheepscott Bay and go kayaking. I can't wait to go back with my husband.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Palo Alto, California
Reviewed September 22, 2013

Shared a perfect September getaway with 13 college friends in this lovely setting. Our group chose to spend our 2013 reunion at the Coveside because we had gone to college with our hosts, Tom and Carolyn. It was definitely the right decision. Everyone had a fabulous time, we loved the accommodations, and Tom and Carolyn treated us like royalty. Amazing breakfasts, lots of help with planning our outings, beautiful surroundings, and, best of all, the bottomless chocolate cookie jar! Can't wait to go back.
FYI: I accidentally rated the swimming pool as excellent - but there is no pool and I can't figure out how to undo the rating.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Tom & Carolyn are the ultimate innkeepers !!! So friendly and accommodating. Our trip through Maine for our 30th wedding anniversary was fantastic,and the Coveside Bed and Breakfast is a MUST. Anyone who looks for tranquility, a beautiful setting out of the way and wonderful accommodations, this is the place !!!! Congrats to Tom for an excellent breakfast while Carolyn was away :). A memory we will never forget !!!!!!

Port Hope, Canada
Reviewed September 12, 2013

My sister had been raving about Coveside for 10 years and I was fortunate to visit it with her this August. No exaggerations - absolute perfection made so not only by such wonderful and hospitable hosts, Tom & Carolyn, but the setting - such beauty,peace and tranquility, the exquisite decor throughout and breakfasts that defy description. Five star all the way.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Georgetown
Ocean Gate Resort
#1 of 12 in Boothbay Harbor
Sebasco Harbor Resort
Sebasco Harbor Resort
#1 of 1 in Sebasco Estates

Been to Coveside Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!